Twenty One

22

AUGUST

It's been three months since I seen Adira. Three long months. For the first few weeks I thought she'd come back, thought that she'd forgive me and that everything would go back to normal but I should've known better. Adira was stubborn and what I had done to her was unforgivable. While I hadn't seen her physically for three months I was tormented by her social media. Watching her as she posted updates on her child, our child. Our child that she sold off to the world as Trey's. Constantly I watched as she tagged him in baby post and posted sonograms that he'd comment on. Each day I had to sit back and watch as she led everyone to believe that the baby she was carrying was another man's. Had to deal with the fake sympathy of others, asking if I was cool, what happened, all types of questions that were just meant as a way to know my business. The worst of it all had to be that I watched as she took all the backlash. All the people calling her a whore, saying she moved on way too fast, and just knowing that they were all wrong. Wishing that I could disclose the truth just to shield her from the pain of having to deal with all their unwanted comments, but knowing that I couldn't. Knowing that she had chose where she wanted to be and that I'd have to deal with it. Lalia had lied about everything, every last thing. The DNA test, turns out the bitch paid some guy to forge it for her. Forge a damn DNA test! The baby she claimed to be carrying was also a lie. Everything that came out her mouth was a lie. A string of lies that I let ruin my life, a string of lies that I ruined a great thing over. Threw away my only real hope of a real family over some bullshit.

"Aye what you thinking about boss?" TJ snapped me out of my thoughts as he walked in on me.TJ was new around here and I still wasn't sure if I could really trust him or not. Something about him gave me a weird vibe but he was like a little brother to Kev and any brother of Kev's is a brother of mine.

"Nothing man nothing."I lied,I was thinking about the same thing I thought about all the time, Adira.

"You thinking about ol girl huh. You gotta let that bitch go man-"

"First of all watch ya damn mouth she ain't no bitch. Now what the hell you want anyways, you know your ass shouldn't be in here." When I slowly began to rise to the top I knew that I needed a cover. Somewhere that I could do everything I needed to do while also keeping a low profile, Adira gave me the idea of the studio. On the outside it looked pretty legit and even is to an extent, only those on the inside would truly know what was going on. The studio also gave me the push that I needed to start really taking my music seriously. With all the bullshit I been going through this past year the music is the only thing that brings me any type of sanity. When there was any time of free time in my hectic schedule everyone knew that they could find me in Studio B, and everyone knew not to disturb me when I'm in Studio B. Especially not some newbie who I barely knew.

"Tony told me to bring this to you." he spoke as he gave me a envelope.I began to rip it open until I noticed that his remained in the same position, as if it was christmas and he was patiently awaiting me to open the gift that he had given me.

"Is there something else you need?" I asked, hinting that it was his time to leave. Everything in me wanted to cut this guy loose. He was constantly late, a little too nosy,talked way too much, and had to be missing more than a few screws. At this point he was nothing more than a delivery boy with a expansive bankroll. The boy had to be 20 at the most and i could tell that this life wasn't for him and while I really wanted to hate this dude I feel as though it's my responsibility to take him under my wing and lead him in a better direction. It's what Kev would have done.

"Oh damn my bad bro I'll go now. But um yeah that Chrissy girl downstairs again. Should I let her come up?" Fuck. Chrissy again. For the past three months Chrissy has been in and out of this damn Studio as if she lived here. No matter how much I try to keep her away she just keeps finding a way to end up here. For months I've tried to avoid her, telling everyone to tell her I wasn't here. Going to great lengths to make sure that I wouldn't have to see her, it was working pretty damn well too until this idiot let her in. Before I could even give an answer there she was bargaining in like she owned the place.