Sixteen

16

Look at you." I whispered, running  my hand over his cut up cheek. Seeing him beat up like this made my anger from the breakup temporarily vanish. His once almost perfect skin was scarred with bruises and lashes all over. His disfigured body laid across the bed, along with the IV coming from his arm was truly nerve racking.

"Stop cryin' ma." He growled, moving out of my reach. I guess, though I'm temporarily over the situation, his near death experience didn't allow him to do the same.

"I coulda lost you." I mumbled, ignoring his distant attitude. Sitting down in the chair that was already positioned by the side of his bed.

"But you didn't. So stop cryin', it's not cute. I don't know why you so worried about him all of a sudden. Didn't you just walk out on me? Now you tryin come in here and act like you ain't. Why you even come here? To rub it in?" He growled, his eyes burning through my body. I released a hushed sigh. I didn't feel like going off on him about how he contributed to my leaving with his unfaithfulness, especially since he was already dealing with some shit. On top of me leaving he was nearly beat to death weeks later, my rambling about how he brought me leaving upon himself wouldn't better the situation so for the moment I'll stay mute about how Im really feeling.

"I came to see if you were all right."

"So now you care about me, huh? You ain't care about me when you just ditched my ass or when you was out fucking that nigga Trey. Now you wanna be all up in here cryin and shit, acting like you give a fuck when you don't. You don't care about me so why you here?"

"I do care about you, I love you August." I mumbled, trying my hardest to contain the anger seeking through because of his current situation but I knew I could only take so much more before reaching my breaking point.

"Nah, if you loved me you wouldn't have left when shit got hard. I know I haven't been myself lately but I need you around to keep me In my place, to hold me down. But instead you just left. You was supposed to stick with me through it all."

"And I will. I just can't be with you right now. I'm sorry. " I informed. Tears, that I had tried so hard to keep back, seeping out of my eyes from everything he had to tell me.

"Don't think coming up here crying and shit will make me forgive you. I'll never forgive you for that shit. You know you the only person who can keep me sane and you just left. I ain't got no pity for that shit, so you mind as well whip ya tears away 'cuz ya sad act ain't doing shit."

" If your just gonna sit here and tell me about how us breaking up is all my fault then I'll leave. " I stated, fed up with everything he had to say, before rising from the chair. All his disrespectful comments had gotten to the point where if I was to stay any longer I was sure to break. Having someone you love basically call you a good for nothing hoe produced an indescribable feeling.

"Naw don't go." He mumbled, pulling me back by my arm. "And stop cryin." He added, using his other hand to whip someone of the fallen tears from my cheeks. "It's boring as hell up in this place, only people visiting me is some of the crew and some hoes. No one I wanna actually see."

"I bet." I uttered. If me and August were friends and I was forced to deal with his irritable attitude I wouldn't come and visit him in his time of need either. Even when we were together, though the breakup was less than a month ago, his attitude was always something that made me want to distance myself from him. Among a lot of other factors his attitude was a huge contributor in our split.

"I ain't gon lie though, ever since I woke up I was waiting for you ass to come see me. You toke long as hell."

"It's only two o clock."