Five

5

"Girl you can not keep worrying about that nigga. I told ya ass this would-"

"Shanicee I do not have time for your I told you so's, I'm good man." I hated venting to Shanicee sometimes because she loved to throw it in your face when she was right and she was always right. You would think after continuously showing me that she was always right I would start to listen but I still continue to ignore everything she says and not learn from my horrible choices. I had called Shanicee for a daily gossip session but it seemed like all this was moving towards was another speech I did not want to hear. 

"You know I heard from King the other, he told me he misses you A. And his ass don't have no crazy ass baby mama or no mixed signals. He know he want you." I don't know why Shanicee was King's biggest advocate but she always rooted for us to be together. She was the one trying to get me past the cheating, assuring me that it was just a phase at that he loved me. While her advice was usually concrete when it came to King all that went out the window. I never told her about how he was whooping my ass but she did know about all the other females and as a best friend that should be enough for her to be anti-King. 

"Shanicee if you love King's ass so damn much then you how bout you go have him because I don't want his cheating ass." With that I hung up.There was no way I was about to sit there and have her beg me to take my abuser back. As soon as that call ended another one flashed across my screen within seconds. 

"Hello?"

"Hey."

"What do you want?"

"You still mad?" I was tired of hearing that question. I finally answered his phone calls after a week and here he is already making me regret it, already making me wish that I did not answer. While my anger was not as prevalent as it was when I walked out of his house it was still there. 

"What do you think?"

"Look I said I'm so-"

"August if you say it I promise you I will hang up and block your number."

"Ight A, whatchu doing?"

"Why?"

"Because, I ain't seen you in a week, I miss my bestie, my baby." There he went confusing my ass again. Sometimes I truly believe that there is something wrong with me because when it came to that man I could not resist. 

"You didn't miss your bestie when you chose that dusty bitch over her. You wasn't missing me then."

"I didn't chose her, I choose the child. And you know that shit was unfair. That wasn't a fair choice to make." Over the past week I did believe that I was somewhat in the wrong for trying to make him kick the mother of his child out but that wasn't the point. I just wanted him to stand by my side and choose me but just like all those years ago he didn't and it hurt to see that things hadn't changed. "I'm at the door." he spoke up, pulling me out of my daydream.

"Now what if I wasn't home, or if I didn't want to see you?" I asked as I made my way towards the door, opening it and leaning against the doorway.  

"I know you better then anyone A come on now." He tried to lean in to kiss my but I moved my head, only allowing him to place one on my cheek. He then attempted to pull me in for a hug but I once I again protested and moved out of his way.

"So do you want August?" At this point we were in the kitchen, as always. His head was in the fridge as I stood as far apart as possible from him. 

"I wanted to talk to you. I missed you." He tried to walk towards me but I moved once again, already knowing that he would trap me in between his arms and make me melt like his always did.