Nine

9

The crowd gave way, revealing the last person I would've guessed. The person who was supposed to love me and care for me. The one who's raised me from day one. "Mom?"

"Yup. It was me, me and Trevor had an affair." She gave off a huge grin as if confessing to an infidelity with her daughters ex was some type of achievement. I felt myself about to release all my meal all over the dance floor. The fact that my the one who went through 10 hours of labor to bring me on this earth could just turn around and hurt me like this. The one who was supposed to be there to keep me safe brought me the worst misery I had ever felt. My own mother betrayed me in ways that she was supposed to prevent.

"Are you serious?" I asked, my voice cracked as I tried to process what was actually going on right now. Her nod sent another blow to my heart. The same women who had sat up with me all night cleaning my wounds after King had nearly killed me was the same one fucking him. "So your telling me you fucked my boyfriend. You fucked my boyfriend. She fucked my boyfriend. You fucked my boyfriend!" I held my composure until my last sentence. At that point I lounged towards her, trying ever so hard to grab a hold of whatever I could. Nevertheless, my movements weren't quick enough, August grabbed a hold of my body, keeping me out of her reach. As soon as he let go I attempted to attack her once more, yet again I was stopped. He held me in his arms until my body calmed down.

"Did you know about this?" I asked, turning towards Shanicee, who had a look of worry instead of a look of surprise.

"Yea." She whispered, staring at the ground. It all made sense now. All those times she would ask why I hated Angel was because she knew Angel was innocent in this whole ordeal. The night of the engagement when Shanicee did not even bother trying to comfort me, she had known all along. The reason why she wanted me to get back with King so bad is because she felt guilty? Or was it because she wanted to get some type of sick revenge?

"And you didn't have the audacity to tell me that my mother was fucking my boyfriend! What kind of best friend are you?! You just let me think it was Angel this whole time. Is that why you take her side every time I bring up her name?" She gave me a nod. "I can't believe this. How could you fuck my mother Trevor! And how could you fuck my boyfriend! You sat there and told me all that bullshit about there being more fish in the sea and how anyone who could cheat on me is an asshole but yet the whole time your getting dicked down by my boyfriend. You fucking August too?!" I shouted, not caring that all eyes were on me at the moment.

"No I am not having sex with August." "Naw that's foul as fuck. Why would you even think that?" They answered together.

"Shit I don't know what to believe anymore." I sighed and looked back to Shanicee. "Why would you even try to get me back with King, knowing damn well he's fucking my mother?"

"Once the two of you broke up you were so miserable." She responded through tears. "I hated seeing you like that so I tried to get the two of you back together."

"Why would you keep something like this from me? We're supposed each other everything. No secrets, no lies. So why would you not tell me about this? Why would you even want me with someone who fucked my mother! All this damn time when she was telling me about how she seen him out with girls she was talking about her damn self?"

"I know the answer to that," My former mother butted in.

"Ms.Odel please," Shanicee pled, almost making me feel pity for her.

"Tell me. Mind as well let all the secrets and lies out now."I folded my arms across my chest as I awaited my answer. Shanicee looked back to the ground as she quietly whimpered. My mother just stood still with a slight smile.