Eighteen

18

August

"Man I don't think I can take this shit Nomore T. I got Lalia breathing down my neck about this damn child that probably ain't mine, I got Chrissy's ass mad at me still because I made her get that abortion, I thought after the abortion is be done with her ass but she just keep poppin up, and then I got Adira and I don't even know what's going on there. The other day I thought we was on the road to get back together, now she ain't answering my calls. I swear women is so damn difficult. " I confessed. The weed flowing through my system couldn't even help calm my nerves at this point. Not when I got three crazy ass females that I got caught up with.

"You and these damn female problems man. You talk about a new broad every day my nigga," T spoke, exhaling the smoke from the blunt out into the already smoky room. T's been riding with me since day one, even when I was out in Houston I knew I had him in Nola looking out for me. He's the only nigga left that I can really trust to be honest. "You getting old, why don't you just settle down with just settle down with someone man. Enough of this little ass kid shit. I thought you was tryna get Adira back.What the hell happened to that?" His words low and
slow, an effect of the kush that we'd been passing back and forth just long enough to start feeling a buzz.

"Man I want Adira and only her. I'm ready to settle down but she keep playin with a niggas emotions. I even took her out looking for houses and gave her a ring the day she left my ass. I'm trying."

"You ain't tryin nigga. If you was you wouldn't have let her leave in the first place. If you wanted her to be wifey then you would've tried harder. You wouldn't have been out messin with other broads in the first place. I been with Sharice for seven years now and I ain't never cheated on her. Mighta thought about it but I ain't never do it. Do she even know about these other girls you got pregnant?" He asked seriously. That question alone informed me that this conversation was about to take a turn for the worse.

"You know damn well she don't know about that shit. How the fuck could I tell her that shit? Would you tell your girl that you got another girl pregnant? She think I'm fucking with Lalia again but I told her I wasn't"

"If I was tryna get her back then yeah. How you expect to move on with her when you keepin shit from her? That's like you gettin' back with her then finding out she got a baby on the way by that other nigga, whatever his name is. Me and you both know my old lady wouldn't go for that shit anyways, and I wouldn't do no shit like that because I'm not willing to lose what I have over some quick fuck." He paused for a second before looking me dead in the eyes. "Let me talk to you on some real shit homie." T's one of the people who'll talk to you likes your best friend one minute then try preaching to you the next. "Now you claim you love Adira right?" I gave a nod in response as I took another puff. "So why you fucking with other chicks? You say you love girly and that you wanna be with her but you let these other females go before her. You say you wanna make this girl ya wife. You toke her to the fam, they love her. Shit I only met her a couple times and I love her. She's smart, independent, and she bad as fuck. She the type of chick you should be with. Not these hoes. Whatchu need to do is go talk to her. You want her back, go get her. But don't waste your or her time if all you gonna do is fuck her over. You ain't no kid no more. You runnin shit now. You a king, and every king needs his queen. Now ask yourself, is she yours?"

Adira

"Trey move." I giggled, attempting to push his husky body off of me. "Why I gotta move?" He asked, a large smile creeping across his face. The past week that I've been home have been filled with his priceless smile. Though, even with Trey around it's still difficult when it comes to forgetting August. The two of have been through way too much to just leave him in the past. We may not be together but I can't just leave what we had behind and get past it like it was just a quick fling. It's aggravating how he always seems to creep into my mine at any given time, this being an example of how he does so. Ever since
that night a couple weeks ago I find myself going into a trance here and there thinking about him for hours upon hours without even realizing it.