Chapter 6

✧✦✧

"Hovedet op min ven. Det jo ik så slemt"

(Heads up my friend. It's not that bad)

Flashback 9 years ago.

I wake up and start doing my morning chores.

I wake up Kamilla.

I make me and my sisters lunch and put them in our backpacks.

I make my bed and get everything ready for breakfast. 

"Katrine are you done yet?" Scarlett comes out of the bedroom.

"Almost mother" I say and continue where I left off.

Scarlett is my mother. She has long, brown, very curly hair, she has baby blue eyes, she is about 5'4 tall. We look a lot alike but also not at all. She's wearing a white tank top with a dark blue blazer over and a black skirt. 

"Then get back to your chores" she goes back in.

"Hey Katrine, want some help?" someone comes up behind me. 

"OLIVER" my brother puts a hand to my mouth to stop me from yelling.

"Hvad laver du her?" I ask him.

(What are you doing here?)

"Katrine du skal lærer at snakke engelsk" he tells me.

(Katrine you need to learn to speak English) 

"Oh yeah, sorry" I forget when I get exited.

"You don't need to be sorry, I know it's hard considering you just moved" he looks at me with sympathy in his eyes.

Oliver has brown hair and blue eyes like Scarlett except his eyes are dark blue and he is abnormally skinny. he's wearing a white t-shirt and loose blue jeans. 

Oliver moved to the US 2 years ago along with my grandparents and has been living with them since and before that he was living on and off with us and his dad, but that's because his dads mom wants to have a relationship  to him, but only on her own terms which didn't really work out.

I've visited him here a few times with my babysitter. My grandparents are the sweetest and I've often been sent to them on "holiday" which was really just when they didn't feel like having me home, my brother too. 

"So what are you doing here?" I ask again but in English this time.

"You don't know?" when I don't respond he says "I'm moving in Katrine"

"YOU ARE?" again hand to my mouth to prevent me from screaming.

"Yeah, again need any help?" he looks at my list of things to do.

I stare at him in awe "that would be nice Oli"

We are half way through the list when Scarlett comes back with Michael.

Michael is my dad. He has a very short buzz cut, brown hair and eyes with a small hint of green kinda like mine but very minimal. He's wearing a blue shirt making him look all professional and blue skinny jeans.