Chapter 8

✧✦✧

"Alt er tys-tys, glemt i al evighed, bare rolig det vores hemmelighed"

(Everything is hush-hush, forgotten forever, don't worry it's our secret)

Flashback 1 year ago.

Oliver is moving out today.

We just moved the last box of his things into the moving truck.

Oliver and my parents are talking but I have tuned them out, speechless.

"Get I get a moment with Katrine?" my brother asks.

When they don't move he says.

"Alone please" they walk away my mother rolling her eyes.

When they're fully gone he turns to me.

"Katrine I need you to listen very closely okay" I just nod.

"Good" 'he looks around, why? idk'

"Oliver what is this about?" I ask when he doesn't start talking again.

"Shhh" he looks around again "someone is listing" 'I think he's going crazy'

"Katrine lets go on a drive for a bit" he starts to walk over to the car.

Oliver takes us on a drive but doesn't say anything.

"So, what is it Oli?"

"You need to promise me that if dad ever threatens you with anything that you contact me right away" 'that's what he wanted to say the no one else was allowed to hear?'

"I promise" I say because why wouldn't I, I trust Oliver.

"Katrine I need you to mean it" he stopped the car and is staring right into my eyes.

Seeing how dead serious he is changes something in me "I do Oliver"

By the time we get back the moving truck is gone along with all of Oliver's things.

"I don't want you to move Oli" I get a little emotional.

"Kitty I'm just moving to Indianapolis, it's not that far away" 'it's still to far away from me'

"But-" he cuts me off by saying.

"No buts Kitty, you can always call me and I'll come right over and pick you up, okay?" It's not really a question but more of a statement.

"Fine but you need to stay in contact with me" I say because if I don't I'm afraid he won't.

"Of course Kitty" he offers me a small hug.

"And you need to tell me if anything is wrong, anything at all" he doesn't let go just yet.

"I promise" and with that he lets go of me.

"And remember this isn't goodbye forever" he goes to his car ready to get out of here.

"Nothing is forever, everything is relative" I say because that was something he used to tell me all the time.

Oliver's pov

I'm moving out today.

I don't wanna leave Katrine behind cause then she'll have no one.

My parents just moved to last box of my stuff into a moving truck.

"Today is the day" Michael comes up to me.