Chapter 11

✧✦✧
" Spirit first, technique second"

I'm getting ready for my run. I'm putting my hair up in a tight ponytail and taking my running shoes on when my sister walks by.

She looks me up and down with disgust all over her face "you look ridiculous"

"Okay?" I honestly have no idea what she wants me to do about it.

We got home from school about 1 hour ago and she hasn't stopped bothering me since.

"I'll have to get going now so will you stop blocking the door?" she's standing right in front of the front door.

"Fine but you have to be back before 5 pm" 'why does she care'

"You really think I'll run for 2 hours?" I say a bit taken aback that she thinks I have the coordination for that.

"No but someone told me that I have to take you with me to the game" 'the soccer game?'

"What? Why?" I ask her.

"Just do as I say" she rolls her eyes.

"No. You know I can't, the season just started I can't miss the first training" I say in a tone just below yelling.

She rolls her eyes again 'I hope they get stuck up there' "come on it's just one game and besides your little hobby isn't that important"

"Fine I'll go" 'as if' she leaves me alone so I can leave.

'If she thinks I'll actually going then she's dumber then I thought'

I start running as soon as I step out of our house, music blasting through my earphones.

My phone starts to ring but it's a number I don't recognize so I don't pick it up.

I pass by multiple houses until I run into a forest and suddenly I hear my phone ring again.

It's Valerie so this time I pick up.

Their conversation.

Rie <3: KATRINE

Me: yeah?

Rie <3: why do you sound like that? What are you doing?

Me: I'm just out for a run. Was there anything you wanted?

Rie <3: oh yeah, you coming to the game tonight?

Me: what is it with everyone and this game?

Rie <3: it's just the the first game of the season

Me: whatever. No I'm not going

Rie <3: WHAT? WHY NOT?

Me: my ears Rie calm down. I'm just not going okay I need to attend something

Rie <3: mind me asking what it is?

Me: today the karate season starts and I need to be there

Rie <3: the what season?