Chapter 13

✧✦✧

'Shit'

My head is pounding with a massive headache.

I look to my side and see Valerie. She looks at me with wide eyes.

"Rie?" She doesn't do anything; she's still like a statue.

I crawl my way over to her, just to realize she's sleeping with her eyes open.

'If that isn't creepy'

I shake her awake.

She goes in for a punch, and I dug just in time to dodge it.

"Psycho, seriously, what was that about?" I ask her.

"You're the one going around waking others up after a night out." She looks almost dead.

"Because you look creepy, sleeping with your eyes open," I say, and she looks pissed.

She slaps me and insists, "I do not!"

"Oh, but you do." I smile widely.

"Meanie," she starts chasing me.

As she is fast as lightning, she catches up with me; she tries to take me down with her, but she doesn't succeed.

"I'm going back to sleep," she informs me.

"Remember to close your eyes this time," she just rolls her eyes at me.

'One day they'll get stuck'

"Katrine, this is unacceptable behavior!" my mother begins. "I can't believe you snuck out with your sister and left her at a party!"

'She shames me, but not her little angel for sneaking out? whatever'

I got home from Valerie's place 30 minutes ago. My mother was comforting my sister after getting caught by the police. I tried sneaking by, but of course my sister saw me and told on me.

"Katrine, why are you not listening?!" My father notices me being bored by the conversation.

"Maybe because you're scolding me, but it was your little angel who wanted me to sneak her out." I keep calm, as I'm unmoved by their anger.

It's absolutely ridiculous to me; they're mad at me for leaving her, but not for actually sneaking out, let alone going to a party and drinking. Kamilla is an idiot for getting caught.

"You're grounded, Katrine! go to your room!" 'I'll gladly go to my room if it means getting away from you'

"Whatever." I start going to my room when I hear my sister crying again.

"WHAT?" I yell back. "WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY BE CRYING ABOUT?" I'm furious; it's like, at this moment, I can't control my own behavior.

Mother and father got everything off Kamilla's record, so it won't be there after today. Not that it would even matter after she turns 18.

I can't even imagine what goes through my parents heads when they scold me, but my sister doing the exact same thing is totally fine.

His pov.

"Lee, Lee, Lee, Lee," I hear Williams voice.

"I told you he wasn't waking up," my sister says.

"Mateo, Mateo, Mateo!" she yells. "See?! Not even calling him that works."

"Oh shit is he dead?" Williams overdramatic ass says.