Chapter 12

✧✦✧

"For du ved jo godt at, Gamle tykke sultne mænd, med vamle stygge sultne sind. Lokker dig med slikkepind, og tro mig den er rigtig grim."

(Because you know very well that, Old fat hungry men, with rambling ugly hungry minds, Lure you with a lollipop, and believe me it's really ugly)

"Valerie" I say just below a whisper.

She doesn't acknowledge me at first but as we're literally sitting beside each other, so I keep trying to grab her attention.

"Rie" after 10 attempts she finally looks my way.

"What?" she doesn't sound mad but she's definitely isn't pleased. 

"How did the game go yesterday?" I don't really care but it seemed really important to her. 

"Well Lee was pissed and William was surprisingly happy, but they won so who really cares" she is expressionless betraying nothing, which is weird as Valerie usually says everything with a smile on her lips.

'did that ass say something to her?'

"Okay?" I say unsure. 

"You're still coming to the party right?" sudden excitement fills her. 

"Yeah I'm still coming" I don't know if I really am but I'll do me best to. 

"Good" she turns her head back to the teacher without saying another word.

'Why is she being so cryptic?' 

'Did I do something?' 

Our teacher stops talking and we begin to actually work on our own. 

"Kie?" Valerie says from beside me.

"What's up?" I'm still looking at my paper solving equations. 

"Can you help me with this" she points to her paper and I don't recognize the question she has her finger on.

"Sure" I see she is longer than me but I know how to solve it so why not help her out?

After I explain to her how to solve it I reach for my AirPods.

"I can I join in?" she asks and raises her own AirPods. 

I look a her for a bit not knowing what to answer "Of course, but I warn you I listen to danish music" 

She looks taken aback but in a good way "that sounds fun, lets do it" 

I connects both pair to my phone and plays Lucy by Burhan G.

After a while she asks me "Do you even know what he's saying?"

"Why do you ask?" I question. 

"Well it's not like there's a lot of Danes here" she refers to America as "here" 

"I do, I still practice every now and then" she looks astonished. 

"That's amazing, what is this song about?" her eyes sparkles.