Chapter Eight

River

Senior year was supposed to be us focusing on sports, school and partying. This year was supposed to be fun with no one in our way. But because of Teddy and Sasha, I was here defending Lyra fucking Williams from some freshmen.

He obviously deserved to be put in his place, but I just wish it wasn't because of her. My stupid fucking friends were ruining our senior year by bringing her into the group. Kind of a dick move of them after i said no several times.

After the kid yelled sorry, I released him before running into the people surrounding us.

I let go of  Lyra and took a step away from her. Fuck she looked out of it. "Are you alright?"

She looked up at me and her brows moved together. I took a step towards her and leaned down to her ear. She smelled so sweet, like floral and vanilla. "Are you alright?" I asked again.

I felt her nod, her soft hair brushed against my ear before she woke, "Thank you...Waterboy?"

Waterboy? Did she just fucking call me Waterboy? I hoped she wouldn't remember that in the morning. I hoped I wouldn't remember it.

"What did you just say?"

She hiccuped before grabbing onto my arm to steady herself. "I need to sit down."

Of course I would be stuck with her while she's like this. I looked behind and found Teddy was dancing with Sasha. I was glad he had found his way back to her, otherwise I'd have to drag two drunk girls upstairs so Lyra could sit down away from the noise.

I grabbed Lyra's wrist and pulled her through the crowd of people and to the stairs. There was a line on the stairs for the bathroom.

After moving her in front of me on the side of the stairs that was clear, I followed close behind only to quickly come to the realisation that putting her in front of me so I could stay behind her in case she lost her balance on the stairs wasn't the best idea. Her perfect round ass was in front of my face. Considering my state, I couldn't tear my eyes away.

Instead of getting laid in one of the empty rooms, I was here taking Williams upstairs. When. We got to the top of the stairs. I grabbed her hips and pointed her to the right hallway.

"Second door on the right."

I put in Levi's door code and brought her over to his four post bed. "Are you going to get sick?" I asked her as her back hit the blue comforter.

"No, I just needed to sit. My head is spinning."

I let out a sigh and sat on the chair close to the bed. "Just to make things clear, nothing has changed."

She let out an annoyed groan. "Can you shut the fuck up? I'm not trying to take your friends from you."

"Will-"

"You can leave now."

"I'm going to go to find you something to drink and eat." I pushed myself off the chair and looked around Levi's room. That prick had to have something around here.

"I'm not hungry." She slurred.

Why did I have a feeling she was going to get sick on me? When Emily and I were dating, I had my fair share of nights taking care of her during a state much Like Lyra's. Although Emily was much nicer than her.

"You need to eat or you'll definitely get sick, Williams."

She sat up and narrowed her eyes at me. "Why don't you ever use my name? I know we hate each other, but I have a name."