Chapter Forty Seven

Lyra

Max's board came to a halt as snow flew a couple feet. He quickly flipped open his helmet. "Damn, Ly. You're good. I owe you a hot chocolate." He grinned.

A light blush covered my cheeks. "Come on. Wasn't that good."

"You beat me."

"You aren't hard to beat, Max." River nudged him with his elbow as he walked past him. "Plus, I taught her everything she knows."

"Please. You taught me the basics."

"Taught you everything you know."

I narrowed my eyes before I dug my hand into the snow, picking up a scoop of fluffy, cold snow and threw it at him, hitting his shoulder.

"Are you trying to start a snowball fight with me, Lyra?" He raised a brow.

"That wasn't me."

"I just watched you?"

"Wasn't me," I shrugged as Max agreed.

"Let's go again." Max said, following Teddy and Sasha.

By the time Sasha and I called it quits the boys weren't ready to be done yet. We instead packed up stuff and headed to the spa inside the resort.

We grabbed a coffee and met her mom for a pedicure. She was more than happy to see us and gossip with us about something she had overheard the aestheticians talking about.
We got our nails done before we ended up going home. All the parents were having their own night out for dinner. The girls would be in bed by the time they left, Ryder and August seemed to have plans. And Sasha was dead tired from snowboarding all day.

I sat on the end of my bed, my legs crossed under me as I braided my damp hair into two braids, one on each side.

The house had actually been quite warm so I packed a pair of pyjamas Sasha had bought me for our first sleepover.

It was a silk short and tank top set. The soft champagne coloured fabric with small white polka dots scattered across the print.

It was short.

I jumped slightly as the sound of a soft knock coming from the laundry room door filled the room.

Quietly, I slipped my foot off the bed, going over to the door.

There was a knock again just as I approached it. "Lyra?"

I went over to the door and unlocked it, opening it to find River in a pair of grey sweatpants and white t-shirt.

Good fucking God.

His shirt fit him too right. His muscles and broad shoulders stretched the white fabric. His sweatpants fit a little too good too, my eyes threatened to dip down.

"Hi."

"Let me in?"

I stepped aside and closed the door behind him. "What's up?"

River looked around my room, avoiding my question. "Were you leaving?" He nodded towards my jacket on the bed.

"I was going to sit on the balcony."

"Lyra,"

Our eyes met.

"What?"

Why was he so pretty? It made me hate him that much more.

His hand reached for mine and he pulled me to him, my small body hitting his hard chest.

More like a brick wall covered by a paper thin fabric.