Chapter Sixty Two

River

"Here." I pulled my second jersey from my bag in Teddy's car and gave it to Lyra.

She took it from the back seat where she was with Sasha who had on Teddy's basketball jersey.

"It's a jersey party."

"So I'm wearing your jersey?"

I turned around and stared at her. "Who else's jersey would you wear?"

"Alec has some."

"You are not wearing some all star athletes jersey to my party. You're adorable." I reached behind and squeezed her leg.

I was wearing my dark red jersey with the number and my name in black. While Lyra had the black one with red letters and numbers.

It would definitely be too big on her, but it didn't matter. She was still wearing it.

There were a lot of questions that were being held back right now. By both Teddy and Sasha. But considering I was intoxicated and it was my birthday, they let it go. For now.

When we got back to the house, there were people everywhere. Outside and inside. In the hot tub, cars, the deck.

I grabbed Lyra's hand and laced her fingers with mine.

She had a long sleeved dress under the jersey while it ended mid thigh, pooling at her sides.

"Do you want me to tie that?"

"No, thank you though. People are going to assume something is going on between us."

"Isn't there?" I brushed my lips against her ear before kissing her cheek.

Teddy and I brought the girls to the kitchen and got them drinks.

Lyra took a sip before I grabbed my own beer, coming up behind her and wrapping my arms around her waist.

She relaxed against me.

Teddy raised a brow before he took two shots. "When?"

"Studying. Vacation."

"Fuck. I do owe you money."

Sasha grinned. "Told you!"

We stayed in the kitchen, playing our own games on the island counter.

Most people left us be, stopping to say happy birthday occasionally.

I instantly felt better having the three of them there. Especially Lyra.

She was fucking adorable whenever she got her ball into a cup. She would jump up and down so excitedly, clapping her hands.

She always let loose when she drank. She let this side out more, caring less.

I wished she was more carefree everyday.

"You are doing amazing."

She smiled up at me. "You're doing bad."

I put my hand over my chest. "Ouch."

She giggled again and it made me see just her in the room. The loud kitchen full of people.

Only her beautiful smile.

"I suppose you aren't wrong."

"There he is." Kol announced as he came into the kitchen. West followed after him along with Emily.

Lyra looked over and her body tensed up quickly when a scowl covered Emily's face.

She had the nerve to wear one of my old jerseys.