Chapter Thirty One

Lyra

My lips tingle, missing the sensation of his lips against mine.

I touched my lips, closing my eyes as I remembered our kiss. This was the last time I could get this drunk around River. I couldn't let this happen again, I couldn't let something further than kissing happen. It was on the verge of going somewhere else. But god, lips felt incredible on my boobs.

I was so confused, it all made my head spin. I gripped onto the table as I turned the corner and pressed my back against the wall. Letting out a breath, I slid down the wall to sit down.

I got myself into a mess, and a very big mess that I don't think I could fix.

I didn't move as the sound of footsteps came down the hall.

"Lyra?" I looked up and found Ryder standing over me. "Are you okay?"

"Mhm." I mumbled. Rubbing my temples.

"Can you stand?"

"Please go away."

I let out a yelp as he picked me up and hoisted me over his shoulder.

"We're going back to the apartment. You look kind of sick."

"So throwing me over your shoulder seemed like a great idea?"

"Now that I think about it, no. But we're leaving regardless."

"Teddy and Sasha."

"Partying with August. They'll be perfectly fine."

Eventually, I gave in. And I passed out at the back of the taxi with my head on Ryder's shoulder.

When I woke up, he was laying me in his bed.
"Do you want to change?"

I nodded.

"Don't move." Ryder disappeared into his closet and came back out with a black sweater and a pair of white boxers. He set them in front of me. "Do you need help?"

I shook my head. Once he was turned around, I stripped from my clothes and slid his hoodie on the boxers. "Done." I breathed.

Ryder turned around with a cloth and makeup remover. "I have something to put on your scratch."

"Thank you." I carefully took my makeup off while he sat on the edge of the bed. "Did you let Sasha and Teddy know where I am?"

He nodded. "Of course. I texted them in the car. How mad was River?"

Our eyes met and I shook my head. "He's just a dick."

"I'm sorry I was going to kiss you. I had way too much to drink and I took things too far."

"I was going to let you kiss me. We both had a lot to drink." I curled up on my side while he watched me. He helped put the blankets over me before he leaned over me, gently applying a cool gel on my scratch with a q-tip.

"Are you sure you and River aren't sleeping together? He was not happy about seeing us together."

My eyes flickered up to his as I searched for his grey cloudy eyes. His pupils were dilated slightly. "River and I have never, and will never hook up. He thinks I took Tedy and Sasha from him. Now he thinks I'm going after his whole family."

"He is indeed dramatic." An amused smile grazed his lips. "More than the average person, of course."

"He gives some Oscar worthy performances." 

He chuckled. "Finally someone else realizes that too."

The gap between us started to lessen. "We shouldn't" I pressed my hand against his shoulder, as his lips were just inches from mine. "River's going to be pissed if he ever finds out. I don't want the fighting with him."