Chapter Sixty Eight

Lyra

A couple nights ago, I officially moved into Sasha's house, my room was close by hers and she helped me move everything over along with Teddy.

We decided against telling River when we were getting all my stuff. Having him at the house if she was there would have been a whole different situation.

He wasn't exactly the calmest when it came to me.

Markus had been so kind to me, he had talked to Lillian himself and somehow, she let me move without a fight. And easily gained the all the information he needed from her, while somehow convincing her to hand over my passport.

On Valentine's Day River took me back to his house after school and gave me a pair of black silk pyjamas and he put a matching pair on.

"Where are we going that I need to be dressed in pyjamas? I bought a dress for tonight." I pouted up at him, pressing my hands against his chest. My body pressed against his.

"I'll take you on another date tomorrow. You'll thank me later." He tilted my chin up and pressed his lips against mine. "I'll buy you a hundred dresses too."

"You've bought me nearly a hundred already."

"Twenty four to be exact."

"You keep count."

"For this exact moment."

"Cute." I kissed him back.

"Are you driving?"

"I am. I made you hot chocolate to go." He held up the red thermal cup from the side table as he pulled away.

My heart melted, my eyes falling to the cup. "Thank you."

The entire drive River had his hand on my thigh, and we spoke about up coming games and college.

River wanted all of us to move into an apartment together since we were all going to the same college. He wanted us to share a room, of course. We would be going to the same school and living together with our best friends.

When we pulled up to an old looking theatre in the city. The brick building looked a bit worn down with chipped bricks and an old style sign.

"There's two levels. Both renovated. But the basement is a special event area." He offered me his hand.

Our fingers laced together as we walked into the theatre together, the smell of popcorn filling my nostrils.

And I stopped dead in my tracks when red consumed the entire movie theatre lobby.
Bouquets of beautiful red roses were everywhere.

Along the floors, up against the walls, on top of the counters and stairs.

"Hundreds of flowers all for you." River plucked a nearby one and held it out to me. A smile gazed his lips.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him hard.

He kissed me back, his lips moving hungry against mine.

We got popcorn, some drinks and a couple bags of candy before River led me down the stairs covered with roses.

Butterflies filled my stomach as I took everything in. He did this for me.

All for me.

He pushed opened the doors and a large area with pillows of every size, facing the screen, had a tray of chocolates and Chinese food on it.
"We're watching Revenge of the Sith."

I turned to him, finding he already put our stuff down, and flung my arms around his neck.

He wrapped his arms around me tightly, lifting me off the ground, his hand sliding under my thighs.