afar

minho admired jisung from his seat at the cafeteria table. he watched jisung laugh with his group of friends while he sat alone.

he's been in love with jisung since freshman year.

jisung didn't even know who he was.

minho was acquainted with felix and hyunjin, since they had dance together. but they never spoke out of class.

he was jealous. he wanted friends. he had friends, but they moved. so for the entirety of his senior year till now, he sat alone, walked alone.

he worked on his homework, until footsteps walked over to his table. he tugged out his headphones and saw felix.

"hey! minho, right? i'm felix, we have dance together."

minho nodded, a bit shy that felix randomly started speaking to him. felix felt a bit bad since minho was always sitting alone, and never really spoke.

"um, well, dance is cancelled today. so i just thought i'd let you know."

minho nodded again, writing in his notebook. felix cleared his throat looking at minho's notebook.

"are you good at math?"

minho looked up at him for the first time and felix nearly gasped. minho looked liked he hadn't slept in days.

he hummed, continuing to write down the equation as felix sat down next to him. "do you think you can teach me? i have a quiz coming up tomorrow, and i'm shit at math."

the popular guy wanted minho's help?

minho furrowed his eyebrows, closing his textbook and notebook. he parted his lips, not believing a thing he's said.

"you want my help?"

felix nodded with a bright smile. "if that's okay!" minho nodded hesitantly, and felix's smile got even wider.

"great! do you want to come to my dorm? or yours. anything's fine."

felix roomed with chan.

and jisung and hyunjin's room was right next to them.

"um, i don't mind."

"okay! we can go to mine! can i get your number?" felix took out his phone, going to where he could add a new contact and handed it to minho.

"yeah, okay." minho's hands trembled as he typed in his number, handing the phone back to felix.

felix stood up quickly, ruffling minho's hair. "see you tonight!" he ran back over to his table, sitting down.

chan chewed his sandwich, speech muffled. "what just happened?"

"what happened is that jisung is failing his math test, and i'm not! i've got a tutor!"

——-

minho softly knocked on felix's door, eyes widening as chan opened it.  "hey, can i help you?"

minho gulped, hands trembling in by his sides. "uh," chan eyed the shaking hands and realized this poor boy was terrified of him.

"i'm tutoring felix-"

"come on in!"

minho entered the dorm, neatly placing his shoes by all the ones that were clearly kicked off in a rush.

"lix is on the couch."

minho muttered a 'thank you' before going over to the couch. felix waved at him, before frowning as he eyed the textbook.