crybaby

minho has never cried in front of jisung.

he swore never to cry in front of anyone again after what had happened the first time.

when he was 6 years old, his father gutted his mother in front of him. gutted. he ripped out her intestines and strangled himself with them after killing her. his father made him watch the entire death of his mother, and if he cried once, or made a sound that resonated it, he would be killed the same way.

he hadn't cried in 13 years.

as a junior in college, he refused to show emotion to other people. then, he met jisung. his now boyfriend. jisung made him feel things that he thought were impossible to feel ever again.

he's been close to crying with jisung once. and he ignored him the rest of the day. jisung doesn't know anything about minho's family. he refuses to speak about it.

minho knows that if he speaks a single word of it, or thinks about it, the walls that he spent over a decade building would crumble down with a snap of his fingers.

"minho? baby, you're spacing again." jisung gently rubbed minho's arm, trying to ground him as calmly as possible. minho blinked slowly, meeting jisung's concerned gaze.

"sorry, ji. lost in thought."

jisung nodded, attempting to press further. "about?" he titled his head, and minho averted his gaze to the messy floor. "school." he muttered, standing up to start cleaning the room up.

minho was staying for the weekend since they had just finished with exams, and he never stayed over. minho enjoyed being home alone, in the peace and quiet where he could be watching a show all night or just sleeping.

but jisung had been so stressed about exams, minho decided to agree to stay. it was only 2 days.

minho noticed that jisung had become more persistent on minho's spacing out. it wasn't irregular for him to be lost in thought, it was more irregular for jisung to press on it.

"minho. you're gone again."

when had jisung gotten in front of him?

he took the shirt from minho's hand, carelessy tossing it. jisung cupped his cheeks, sighing gently. "what's going on with you, love? you're more gone today." minho shrugged, leaning into jisung's palm.

"just tired."

jisung used his other hand to gently card his fingers through minho's hair. "tired of something? or just tired?" it was a dangerous game that jisung was playing. sometimes minho became upset that jisung pressed so much.

minho knew it was because he cared. but he hated pity.

"just tired, jisung."

jisung.

that was when jisung should know to stop pressing. when minho uses his full name, he was starting to get frustrated. but jisung didn't care. he wanted to know why minho wasn't his best today.

he wanted to know because he cared so much, because he loved him so much, that he was willing to risk an argument, or the loss of minho's current calm temper.

"why, min? what's going on?"

minho stared blankly at him, eyes softening slightly before the usual cold gaze returned. "i'm tired, jisung. i'm fucking tired." he reluctantly pulled away from the hands that gave him so much comfort.

"tired of what, minho." jisung continued pressing. "of me? of us?" minho scoffed, eyes widening. "how- how could you even think that?! i could never be tired of you-"