recovery

minho was just let out of the hospital for a suicide attempt and jisung was extremely cautious.

minho was sleeping in their bedroom and jisung was on the couch watching tv. the bedroom door opened and minho walked out, rubbing his eyes.

he went into the kitchen, and sipped a water bottle he got out of the fridge. jisung stood up, smiling at minho as he walked over.

"hey, baby. did you sleep well?"

minho nodded, putting the cap back on the water as he set it down.

"are you hungry? there's some cut up strawberries in the fridge."

minho sighed, opening the fridge and taking out the container.

"the group's staying over tonight, remember? they'll be here in a few."

the doorbell rang and jisung clicked his tongue. "or now." minho sat at the table, fork next to the bowl of strawberries as his hands clasped between his legs.

he stared at the strawberries and heard greetings. "hey, min!" he glanced up and saw the whole group coming to sit at the table.

he had a small smile, and jisung sat next to him. his stomach twisted as the take out bags hit the table.

the group all ate and minho sat there quietly. jisung glanced at him and then the full bowl of berries.

"eat some berries, baby. you'll get a headache if you don't."

he stabbed a strawberry with his fork and took a small bite. his stomach was upset at the food being put in it.

he wasn't used to it.

he continued eating a few strawberries and jisung brought his chopsticks to minho's lips with a piece of chicken.

minho ate it, already being able to tell what his mind would think about this later. jisung continued subtly feeding minho throughout the hours that the group was there and minho suddenly clasped a hand over his mouth.

jisung set his chopsticks down, cupping his cheeks. "what's the matter?"

"'m full, jisungie. stomach's hurting."

jisung nodded, kissing his nose. "okay. thank you for telling me, honey." he pulled away and minho scooted his chair closer to rest his cheek on jisung's shoulder.

the younger kept an arm around his waist, rubbing it once in a while as minho started to doze off.

——

jisung sat minho in their bed as he made sure their friends were all good in the living room.

"min, honey? you with me?"

minho blinked slowly, before nodding. "mhm. just tired." his scars itched. he needed that pain again.

he rubbed his scarred arm with his thumb and jisung sighed. "min, talk to me." he pulled minho's hand away from his arm and held it close to him.

"they itch, ji."

"i know they do, min. what can i do to help?"

minho shook his head, curling in on himself on the bed and closing his eyes.

——

the kitchen is filled with a heavy silence as jisung prepares a meal, his brow furrowed with worry. the dishes remain untouched on the table, as minho sits at the counter, lost in his thoughts. his hollow eyes and slumped posture reveal the depths of his despair.

jisung approaches minho cautiously, placing a gentle hand on his arm. minho flinches, pulling away, his eyes filled with a mix of sadness and insecurity.

"please, ji, i can't handle being touched right now. i feel so disconnected from myself, and it only makes me feel worse."

jisung's heart sinks, but he understands the need to respect minho's boundaries. he takes a step back, his eyes filled with a mixture of love and concern.

"i'm here for you, minho, even if it means giving you the space you need. just remember, i'm only a step away when you're ready to let me in."

minho nods, his gaze fixed on the floor. the weight of his insecurities and self-doubt seems to grow with every passing moment.

"i don't understand why you even bother, jisung. i'm a mess, and i'm only dragging you down with me. i can't even find the motivation to eat or care about anything anymore."

jisung's eyes well up with tears, but he maintains a steady voice, determined to offer his unwavering support.

"minho, i love you, scars and all. you're not a burden to me, and i won't let you believe that for a second. we'll face this together, even if it means taking small steps. your well-being matters, and i won't give up on you."

minho's gaze softens, and he musters a faint smile, albeit tinged with sadness.

"thank you, jisung. i wish i could believe in myself as much as you do. maybe one day, i'll find the strength to fight again."

jisung steps closer, their eyes locking, a silent understanding passing between them.

"one day at a time, minho. i'll be here, patiently waiting, and reminding you of the strength that lies within you."

as they share a bittersweet smile, minho feels a glimmer of hope flicker within his weary heart. in jisung's unwavering love, he finds a lifeline, a reason to keep fighting, even in the darkest of times.