Chapter 5: Heart beats fast

What happened earlier... it was, confusing.

I don't know what to really think right now. I mean. Sy was at kissing distance from me earlier and.. I.. I expected he'd kiss me. I was nervous. I didn't know if I wanted us to kiss or what. 

And now this one question is circling my mind: Do I like Poseidon?

He's a god for crying out loud, and they're meant to be bloody perfect. And I don't want to have a real life Percy Jackson! Wait, not like me and Sy are getting married ang having babies... what the flapjacks am I thinking!

It's not the looks that captivated me at first.. well, kind of. But it was the eyes. Those piercing blue eyes. You can tell he was something extraordinary. 

But do I like Poseidon?

Do I like him?

It's already 12 midnight. I couldn't sleep thinking about it. Well, I think it's obvious I like him because of me staying up all night just thinking about him. I'm not thinking about him! I'm just confused at my feelings.. I don't know what's going on with me.

I decided to get up and have some fresh air by the balcony. I sighed. Then there's this party. Should we go? Or should I keep them hidden?

"Yhanie!" I saw Sy as he rose up from the pool. Ah, the man of the hour. "Oh hey there, Sy." I greeted as he somehow water-bended towards me. He stood beside me and leaned himself by the balcony.

"Why are you not sleeping?" he chuckled. I shrugged and gazed at the night sky. "I'm thinking about something..."

"What?" he asked and stood closer to me.

Heart beats fast...

"Nothing." I said and turned to look at him. Those eyes...

Colors and promises...

"You told me you were thinking about something." he chuckled. "But if you want to keep it to yourself, sure. It's fine. You can tell me anything, though."

How to be brave... How can I love when I'm afraid to fall...

"Poseidon.. Have you ever loved someone?" I asked. My toes curled, humility covering me like a blanket. It wasn't my intention for that question to be asked.

"I.. don't remember." he answered. "Well, okay, there's this woman named Maria. She was beautiful. She never knew I liked her though."

"That's admiration." I smiled. "I meant, love, as in, love."

"I guess.." he answered. "I'm still confused."

"Still?" I asked. "You mean, you're still thinking about it until now?"

But watching you stand alone, all of my doubts suddenly goes away somehow.

"I just thought of it yesterday. I realized how pretty she is. And I'm confused. Is it admiration or love? I couldn't sleep because of her." he said, and my heart started to go crazy.

Was he talking about me?

One step closer...

"Who's she?" I uttered, expecting it was really me.

"Athena."

-dedication to a commenter-