Chapter 32: Eula and Poseidon

"YOU TOLD HER YOU'D LOVE TO BE HER BOYFRIEND?" I yelled. "Oh boy." Athena muttered as she pulled Hermes out of the condominium. Poseidon was sitting on one of the comforters. "Babe, I didn't mean it."

"Who the hell is 'babe'?" I groaned. He shrugged. "I used to call you that, didn't I?" He asked. I rolled my eyes at him. What the hell is wrong with this moron? "No, you didn't, you idiot. Why would you say that to Eula? The girl likes you a lot and by what you said, you could be hurting me or her! And your explanation can decide who's gonna get hurt."

"I didn't intend to say that to hurt anyone. It just. . . blurted out!" He argued.

"Blurted out?" I squeaked. "You tell her the truth or so help me, Poseidon!" I said. He shook his head. "The truth? I am not your cousin, you and I are dating and I'm god of the fucking sea! Do you really want her to know the truth?" He answered. I crossed my arms and tilted my head to the side. "You know what I mean, Poseidon. Tell her you don't like her."

"But that's not the truth." He exasperatedly said. After a few seconds, he suddenly realized his mistake and his eyes widened as he gasped. "I didn't mean that!"

"So you do?" I asked, squinting my eyes at him. "You do like her?"

"Stupid, stupid Poseidon!" Athena said as she opened the door. Hermes followed behind her. "You like Eula. Eula likes you. Yhanie is mad. This is not the best of the best but can I interrupt your bickering for just a minute? You need to see something." Athena added and she took both of our hands and pulled us to the mini kitchen, forcing us to sit on the bar stools. She took the notebook out of the cupboard where we hid it and slammed it on the counter. "See for yourselves."

I took the notebook and flipped the pages. The notebook had scribbled a new task again. "Travel far and wide, capture four hippogriffs, convenience at your beck and call?" I read out loud. "Do the others know about this already?"

"I doubt --" Poseidon said but then I cut him off. "I ain't talking with you, flirty." I said while I held my hand up his face. Athena giggled. "Zeus doesn't know yet, considering that the aura in the condo isn't stressed yet." Hermes said. I squinted my eyes. "What do you mean?"

"You don't know?" Athena laughed. "Hippogriffs are complicated. You don't capture one without getting an injury or two." She explained. "You'd think they're magnificent and pretty and magical and all that and yes, it's true - but they're also fucking difficult, vicious and can bite the half of your head off."

"Wow." I said. "Well. . . let's go back to beautiful. What do they look like?" I asked.

"They're half-eagle and half-horse. They have silver feathers except for their wings which are rainbow-colored. Gosh, they're fucking amazing. If only I got a pet hippogriff." Aphrodite sighed. Ares smirked. "If only someone was strong enough to catch you one, huh?"

"Too bad you're dating Vicky." Aphrodite winked and I rolled my eyes. Why is everyone resorting to adultery?!

The door opened and Zeus and Hera came in with McDonald's paper bags. "Hey guys." He greeted. "What are you all huddled up for?"

"Say, Zeus, are you up for a bit if hippogriff hunting?" Hermes said while standing up. Zeus' eyebrows furrowed. "What the hell. . . what did we do to Hades that made him make us hunt hippogriffs?" He complained. Wow, they're that scary? Yep, I'm terrified now. "I think it's not Hades. We just really need them for transportation." Athena explained.

Hera laughed. "Transportation? Yeah, like we can tame them for that."

"Hey, I once overheard that Apollo managed to catch, like, a dozen of them." Poseidon said and I resisted the urge to cut him off. "He's keeping them somewhere near three waterfalls or something." He added. My ears pricked. "Three waterfalls?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, I heard that. I remember he said he kept them behind the smallest of the three. He even said there's a secret cave there." Hermes explained. Poseidon shot him a look for not letting him finish his story. You go, Hermes! "I really hope it's Bridal Veil Falls." I muttered. Athena caught me. "What?"

"Bridal Veil Falls." I said, and they all looked at me like I was crazy. "From Niagara Falls?" I added.

"I doubt it's Bridal Veil Falls. Apollo said something about Luna Falls or something like that." Hermes said. Poseidon shook his head. "He said Iris Falls." Poseidon argued.

"So it is Bridal Veil Falls." I rolled my eyes. "It's in the Niagara County." I added. I shook my head when I realized they probably don't get what I was saying. "I'm telling you guys, I know where Apollo hid the hippogriffs. We can go there tomorrow if you want to." I said.

"That's great. The sooner, the better." Zeus groaned. "And we don't even get time to prepare? Those are hippogriffs!" He complained. Aphrodite laughed. "We can do this. Hell knows what Hades has put up for us. This is a piece of his cake." She chirped. God that sounded weird. "Oh! Can I keep one of the hippogriffs?" Aphrodite asked. Athena didn't get the time to scold her when there was a knock on the door.

"I smell cookies. I'll get it." Hermes said after he sniffed the air, and there was indeed the smell of cookies. He opened the door and Eula smiled at him. Ugh, Hermes too?

"Hi, uh, is Sy there?" She asked. She looked above his shoulder and saw Poseidon. "Oh, nevermind. Hi Sy! I baked some cookies for you." She said. I turned around so she couldn't see me rolling my eyes and balling my fists and curshing her name. Poseidon walked to the door and I swear I could still see him smiling at her from my back. "Thanks, Euls. Have a nice day." He said before he slammed the door.

"Really? You call her 'Euls'?" I asked. His lips formed a straight line. "Would you please stop bitching about it?" He snapped. The other six gasped. "You kiss her with that mouth, Poseidon?" Hermes joked.

"Shut up." He groaned. "This is nothing, okay Yhanie? Please stop getting all jealous about it."

"'Hi Sy, I baked some cookies. I hope you like it!' Like a fucking girl scout!" I groaned. "And you had to smile at her didn't you?" I added. Poseidon rolled his eyes. "I did not smile at her nor grinned at her nor flirted with her! Stop it now." He said.

"You smiled at her." Hermes accused. Poseidon threw the cup of cookies at him and yelled something in Greek. "Why do you always have to butt in into every single one of our conversations? Do you want to date her or not?" Poseidon yelled. Hermes' lips formed into a straight line and he just stood there, glaring at him. "Cause if you do, then date her! I don't fucking mind." Poseidon said. They all gasped again except for Hermes who was still glaring at him.

"Poseidon, how could you say that?" Hera said. Poseidon looked at me. His tense face gradually turned sorry. "I - gosh - I'm sorry, Yhanie." He said. I shook my head. "It's nice to know I don't even mean anything to you." I muttered. Poseidon shook his head. "You mean the world to me."

"That's too bad." I said and ran for the door. Before I could close the door, I heard Hermes telling Poseidon, "At least I could treat her better."

+++++++++++++++++++++

HI GUYS! This chapter got posted last week and it was incomplete and oh my freak I'm so sorry! This is the extent of my powers. I'm sorry :----)

COUNTDOWN! Only three more chapters to go!

Above is the book cover for the book's sequel, The Olympians' Tasks! I'm very excited for it and I hope you guys are too

Above is the book cover for the book's sequel, The Olympians' Tasks! I'm very excited for it and I hope you guys are too. :) ((and tell me if you can actually see the book cover or nah lol))

BYEEEE!
x jam