Chapter 26: Scylla

"Poseidon?" I started to cry. It was dark and wet and terrifying and I was separated from everyone. From Poseidon. "Poseidon?" I screamed, my voice hoarse. It sounded like it wasn't me. I was desperately navigating through the hole I had fell in. What started as a nerve-racking day had ended to this.

"It's gonna be okay Yhanie." Athena said earlier while we were still at the yacht, miles away from Scylla's cave. We were looking at their strait and searching for a place to dock. "I don't know Athena, I feel like something's gonna happen." I said grimly. She patted me on the back. "Stop thinking about it, if you do, there's more chance of it happening."

I looked down. It's either it's my gut telling us to turn back or just my body getting sea-sick. "Fine." I said, forcing down the vomit that was threatening to come out of my esophagus. "Hey." Poseidon called, walking towards us. He looked ahead and plastered a straight smile on his face. "It's the day, huh?"

"Yup." Athena said, giving me to Poseidon. I held on his hand and leaned on his chest. "Are you okay?" He asked, to which I nodded. "I'm just sea-sick, I guess. And nervous." I said, keeping myself from the something-bad-is-going-to-happen babble. He rubbed his hand on my shoulder. "You want to stay on the yacht?"

"God no!" I yelled, and they both looked at me shocked. "I'm sorry, it's my stupid brain acting on its own. Never mind me. But yeah, I'll go with you guys." I muttered, loud enough for them to hear. Poseidon pressed his lips on my creased forehead and smiled. I felt safe for a second, and then that feeling crept back again.

"Okay, we go in three groups." Ares said as soon as we got off the yacht. Zeus, Hera and Hermes were in group one. Poseidon, me and Aphrodite went together while Athena and Ares paired up. "Why does it have to be so dark?" I complained. I imagined myself to be laughing material at the moment: pale skin, cold hands, heavy breathing, chattering teeth and shaky voices. I instantly regret my decision of coming with them instead of staying at the yacht.

"It's a cave Yhanie." Poseidon said, holding my hand. "Aphrodite, you okay back there?" He asked, turning around. "Yeah, I'm fine." She smiled, but her eyes suddenly went wide as she gasped. "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" I yelped. Poseidon put a finger on his hand, signalling us to stay quiet as he tried to hear the sound. And there it was - something slimy was moving around, but we didn't know where. "Is that her?" I whispered. He nodded. "I think we should go back." He whispered back.

Aphrodite shrugged. "Ares might flip. Yhanie should go and call them while we stay and go further." She suggested, to which Poseidon shook his head. "I know you Aphrodite. You'd probably faint when we do happen on Scylla later. Maybe you should go."

I laughed sarcastically. "She'd faint and I won't?" I said, rolling my eyes. He smirked. "You'd vomit on Scylla, that's for sure. Though I don't think you'd do a great job on fainting." He said, laughing. Aphrodite laughed. "Okay, I'll go." She said. I was about to say something when Poseidon placed a hand on my mouth and let her go.

"What the fuck? What are you trying to do?" I half whispered and yelled. "I'm scared to death here, Poseidon. I can't just go for Christ's fucking sake!"

"You're fine, I promise." He said as he started to walk. He turned around. His face was straining a laugh. "Promise me you won't faint first, though."

"Poseidon!"

"I'm sorry, I can't help it." He said as he held my hand and walked me through. "In all seriousness though, you'll be safe. I'm with you anyways. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you." He said, squeezing my hand. As a result from being nervous and sick, I groaned. "God, you're so cheesy."