Chapter 2: Chaos at the Grocery store

(A/N: I would like to dedicate this to her because she is like the first commenter and I think is the first fan...? Anyhow, enjoy!)

edited 071214

I decided to go to the grocery store the next day and I told Vicky to stay in the house with 'them'. Naturally, she protested. I wouldn't blame her. She's going to be alone with strangers, greek gods that is. Any one in their right mind would protest. She challenged me into a very mature game of Rock, Paper, Scissors and whoever loses, stays. "Rock, paper, scissors!" We chanted for the nth time. "I'm a rock, you're a paper." I said, a sly smile on my face.

"You obviously cheated! Let's do it again." Vicky complained and I groaned. "We've been doing this for half an hour already, and I always win." She frowned, slouching on the couch. "Besides, you get along with them really well. Especially with Ares." I teased, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Ares." She muttered. "He is such a snob --"

"I wonder why." I sarcastically laughed. "Being the god of war does not make a very good excuse to be a snob." She snapped, rolling her eyes. "Can't we just go together?" She groaned, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Nope." I answered. "They'll blow up the god damn house for bacons' sake."

"Why not knock them out?"

"And when they wake up, they'll kill us." I said. "You should really be in top of our class, Vicky." I joked, and she rolled her eyes again.

"Good morning Vicky, Yhanie." Poseidon, or Sy, greeted while descending the stairs. "Good morning." I said with a smile. "I really can't get over on how modern they speak!" mumbled Vicky, and I slapped her hand. "Shut it." I told her, and Poseidon stopped at us. "What?"

"Nothing. I was talking to Vicky." I grinned sheepishly. What the heck. I thought.

Around 8am, every one of the gods went downstairs to have breakfast. "There are bacons and eggs on the table!" Vicky stated, and they all sat down sleepily. "What is a bacon?" asked Zeus.

"Just eat it, dear. They won't poison us." Hera smiled and began to eat. "Yeah, eat whatever is edible is a shorter term." joked Hermes.

­

"Ugh, Vicky! Fine!" I practically yelled at Vicky. She was convincing me to bring her along the grocery scheme.

"Yehey!" Vicky childishly laughed and hopped around.

"What's wrong?" Mr Grumpy said.

"Um. We're going out." I said. "Can you guys stay here for about an hour or two?"

"We want to go outside." Aphrodite said. "We want to see your world."

"The lawn is big enough for you to roam around." Vicky joked.

After a minute's convincing, the gods said 'yes and Vicky and I left driving my too-huge-for-two-people van.

***

"What do you think will the gods like more, pizza or burger spreads?" Vicky asked, gesturing me to two kinds of mayonnaise spread. "I prefer pizza." I answered. This gave me a smirk from her. "You're not a god."

"Will be if I marry one of them." I joked, twinkling my eyes to make it funnier.

She gasps, obviously thinking that I wasn't joking. "You could start with Poseidon! You two have really intense chemistry and I think he already likes you!" she gossiped, making me laugh. "I was joking Vicky. Having a real life Percy Jackson is not in my vocabulary." Not that I have some kind of intention to do so, though. What the heck.