Chapter 34: Not Related

"You tamed a hippogriff? That's bullshit." I found myself in Aaron King's apartment again a week after our trip to meet the hippogriffs. After five hours, we all managed to tame and ride them back to North Carolina where we had a stable. It was there even when I was a kid, though we never really had anything to put in there. The previous owners must have had horses. Anyway, the next day when we checked on the hippogriffs, a miniature apple tree grew near them, like the one in the cave. Because of that, we were sure to leave them alone in North Carolina for awhile. "I'm serious." I laughed back at Aaron.

It was a Saturday and my apartment felt like hell. Zeus and Hera were fighting again; Athena and Ares were yelling at each other while playing video games; Aphrodite kept complaining because it was indeed so loud in there; and Hermes, Poseidon and I still weren't talking. I thought about going over to Eula's to hang out but I didn't want her to notice I was pissed at her, so instead I went to Aaron's.

Aaron quirked his eyebrow. "You tamed a hippogriff? That's what you're telling me: you tamed a hippogriff." He said, emphasizing on the word 'hippogriff'. "Believe it or not, Aaron. I don't care, but I fucking tamed a hippogriff." I said, shrugging my shoulders. He held his hand out and gave him a high five. "You just became the general of awesome, congratulations." He chuckled. I laughed with him and sipped on my root beer. He smiled at me as I drank and this time, I quirked an eyebrow. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing. Are you coming to the Foundation Party at Asfalis this weekend?" Aaron asked. "First, we're not invited. Second, what's the party for?" I said. I put the drink on the table and leaned back with Aaron reciprocating my move. "Like I said, it's a foundation party. We're celebrating the day 'Zeus and friends' built Asfalis. Basically, we're getting drunk on the fact we're only allowed informal education and we're being hid from the whole world." Aaron smirked. I laughed. "Nice of you guys to be optimistic though." I giggled. He laughed louder. "It really is a fun party though, and we really do get drunk." He added.

I smirked back at him. "Was that why you were smiling at me while I drank root beer?" I asked. He shrugged. "I did imagine you drinking vodka for a second there, and yes, it brought back a lot of crazy memories." He grinned. I chuckled. "You sick motherfucker!"

There was a knock on his door and we both stopped laughing. "I'll get it." Aaron said while standing up. He walked over to the door and was greeted by a frowning Poseidon. "Is she here?" He asked. Aaron looked over and pointed his finger at me. Poseidon followed his hand and instantly glared at me when his gaze landed on his estranged girlfriend. "Go home, Yhan. There's a new task." He coldly said. I squinted my eyes at him before standing up and getting my coat. "Thanks for the time, Aaron." I said, smiling at him. "My pleasure." He smiled back. Poseidon placed one of his hands on my back and gently pushed me out of the apartment. "Gosh, what the fuck is your problem. . ." I muttered as I walked down the hallway and to the elevator.

Poseidon walked closely behind me. "My problem -- I'm the one who has a problem? You're the one who hasn't talked to me for days." He argued. I shot him a look before pressing the button on the elevator. "Please talk to me, Yhan." He pleaded. The elevator doors opened and I stepped inside. "I don't want you in here with me, Poseidon." I said. "Take the other one." I added. And he did. He let the elevator doors close and I met him again on the lobby as he stepped out of the elevator next to mine. "Talk to me, Yhanie." He pleaded again.

"If you think that I don't know that you've been hanging around with Eula all this time when I'm not at home then think again, Poseidon." I said, gritting through my teeth. "I can't believe you! You know we're fighting because of her and I cannot fucking believe you're still hanging out with her."

"What am I even supposed to say to her? 'Hey Eula, we can't hang out anymore. Yhanie, my cousin, doesn't want us to be friends anymore.' Put some sense in that head of yours, Yhanie, really." He frustratingly said. I huffed as I stopped in my tracks and looked at him. "See, isn't that easy? Now go say that to her!" I yelled. I started walking again when people started staring at us. We kept on arguing on the way home. "She's only hanging out with me because you won't hang out with her anymore." He said as I opened our building's door. "And why is that, Poseidon? Why am I not hanging out with her? Enlighten me since I really have no idea why." I sarcastically said.