Chapter 19: Attack of the Harpies

It's been a week since Vicky left. Everyone in the house felt her absence. No one screamed during dinner. No one invited them to watch a movie. No one was second to Hermes in failing jokes. Ares would always sit on the couch facing the main door, he thought that if he'd wait, she'd come back. I don't know why but there was a part inside of me who knew she wasn't coming back. We need to overthrow Hades so she'd come back.

But the moment Vicky comes back, it'd also be the moment that the gods would leave for Olympus.

And besides, Zeus told me that the veelas always go to the Bermuda Triangle to hide. So it's impossible.

For a week, I tried to keep myself busy by staring at the purple notebook the oracle had gave us. There was a check beside the first task, and I wanted to know what was the next. I wanted it to be over. On the other hand, the strength from the snakes became effective a day after. I punched the kitchen window the other day and it shattered into tiny little pieces. Talk about superhuman powers, huh?

"Hey." Poseidon greeted and sat beside me in the kitchen. "You want to go for a swim?"

"No thanks." I sheepishly smiled. "Is there any way to get to the Bermuda Triangle without getting lost?" I asked, and he shrugged. "I don't know. The triangle's been sold to Eris, so I don't have any control on it. Only veelas can get past it and not get lost." He answered. I sighed, the veelas were obviously on the edge.

He started to laugh and I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "What?"

"You still manage to be adorable even though you're sad." He grinned. "I was supposed to make a joke out of it but thought that it'd be inappropriate right now, so I'll probably crack it up some other time." I smiled. He's like a light to me. An oasis, a cactus in the middle of a desert. "She'd come back, Yhanie. I promise."

"When?' I asked, frowning. "I miss her already. I've been such a wreck, Sy."

"Obviously." He laughed.

I scowled. "Your humor has genres. It can be a burden and a gift. But most of the time it's a burden." I joked and he tackled-hug me. We laughed for a minute and I looked at him. "Poseidon." I looked at his eyes again and felt giddy. "I really like your eyes." I said, and he laughed. "Is that the only thing you like about me?"

"Yes." I slyly smiled, and his eyebrows met each other. He frowned. "What the hell." I laughed at his reaction and pecked his lips. "I'm just kidding, I like everything about you. I just like your eyes the most. Happy?" I said, he shrugged. "Will do, miss Woods. I'll pretend we didn't have this conversation."

"Grumpyhead." I laughed.

"Miss Woods." He seriously said. He looked at my eyes and the tension in the kitchen was visual. "Will you be my consort?" He asked, and I laughed. "Consort? You mean, like, you're wife?" I chuckled and he grinned. He nodded and smiled. "I really want you to be my consort, Yhanie."

"I will." I said. His face lightened up like a fireworks display. "But that'd be after we overthrow Hades." I laughed and he shrugged. "It's worth the wait."

Our little love fest was interrupted when Hermes came into the kitchen with a troubled look on his face. "Get any object you can use as a weapon." He ordered. "Now."

"What's happening?" I asked.

"Harpies." Poseidon said, looking at the kitchen window. "I can hear them. They're a kilometer from here at the moment. Who heard them?" We wear already clutching butcher knives in our hands. "Zeus did. They're all ready. Hera's going to stay inside the house and guard the notebook. It's what they're after." Hermes answered.