Chapter 18: The Dark Grey Room

"She was obviously possessed."

I woke up with my arm feeling weird and my head spinning. The wound had gone but it still felt like Vicky was gripping on it. I look at the wall clock and realize that it's already 6 in the evening. Feeling the mattress underneath me, I realize that I was lying on the living room couch. I hear the speedy conversation of the people around me, discussing about earlier's events. I also smell the making of a very delicious dinner.

"No, she can't be possessed." Poseidon told Ares, who rolled his eyes at Sy. "I haven't heard of a Veela getting possessed. But if she was, she'd be the first." Which isn't really a great thing to be first at. Ares shook his head. "If no Veela was possessed before her, that doesn't make a really good excuse to not be possessed." Ares defended.

"She was in a trance, yes, but not possessed." Athena said, shrugging. "There's something else into this. But I can tell you that she wasn't possessed, Ares."

"Then what do you think happened?" Ares scowled.

I scan my eyes on their backs and realize that Vicky is missing. She's probably hiding in the kitchen cooking dinner with the other MIAs who were Hera and Aphrodite. Athena doesn't answer Ares and tries to think of a theory. "I get it!" She said after a minute's silence. "Veela's are naturally on Hades' side. And her Veela personality took over and started acting on Hades' orders."

"So it's like mythical multiple personality disorder?" Poseidon asked, and I almost barfed.

"Yes." Athena shrugged. Ares shakes his head, still not convinced. "Veelas are on no one's side, remember? They always hide whenever there's war." Athena groans and agrees with Ares. Hermes scratches his head, as if a huge idea messed up his nape. "They're free to choose whatever side they want to, though."

Ares nods while Zeus kept on staring at something. His eyes lit up at a thought and grinned at them. "I know what happened."

"Veelas are called veelas when they're in their human forms, and in that form, they're on no one's side but are free to choose. But veelas are called harpies when they're in their harpy forms. And we all know which side harpies are on." He explains, and they all seemed convinced. "And when Vicky was exposed to her harpy form for more than a minute without turning back to normal, the Hades inside of her takes over."

"Yeah." Ares said. "She stays in her harpy form for 30 seconds until she calms down and goes back to normal. But she didn't calm down the last time and stayed like that for 2 minutes, so she wasn't really Vicky all along."

"Exactly." Zeus beamed at his theory as the four of them stared at him with agreement etched on their faces.

I realized that they haven't realized I'd woken up yet, and Vicky's absence troubled me. "Is Vicky in the kitchen?" I asked, and they all turned to me with poker faces. "You're awake." Poseidon said, and I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Yes, Captain Obvious, I am." I scowled and they snickered at Poseidon. "Answer my question."

"No, she's not in the kitchen. She went home to check on her family and to get some Glamour, too." Hermes answered for me, and I nodded. Poseidon scowled. "She was asking me, Hermes. Can you lessen your level of being a nosy twat?" He snapped while Hermes just looked at him.

"She was actually asking all of us." Athena smirked. Poseidon rolls his eyes and stands up, going to the kitchen. "How long has she been gone?" I asked Athena. She was about to answer when Aphrodite called dinner from the dining room. "About an hour." Athena said as she helped me in standing up. "She'll be back though. She just missed her family."

I actually can't blame Vicky on that one. She moved here a day after the gods came and she hasn't gone home to her parents' house since then, except that day when she went to pack her things and practically moved in with me. When she comes back, I'm gonna go and apologize things to her. I'm going to clarify that I'm not mad at her. I want things to go back to normal. But with the gods around, I'd bet anything that things wouldn't be going back to normal for awhile.