Chapter 16: The Oracle and the Party

We open the door from the basement and come out dry thanks to Poseidon. We sprinted as fast as we can to Forever 21 even though both of our bodies ached from the encounter with Stheno. We see the blue sign, almost an oasis to our eyes. A store with a sign 'Delphi' stood beside, a mysterious aura surrounding it. "There it is." I pointed and we jogged towards Delphi.i

Poseidon opened the door. A purple wall decorated with swords and Greek stuffs gave the store a creepy vibe. "Wasn't she a fortune teller? How does Greece relate to fortune telling?" I asked.

"No idea." Poseidon said, roaming his eyes around the store. At the far end, a black curtain separated another room. I peeked and no one was there but an overturned chair. "Stheno's got her." He said.

Hiss. I can hear the hisses from her hair. Maybe it was the trauma from earlier.

Hisses and muffled sounds. "Do you hear that?" I asked. Poseidon nodded and searched for any hiding places. I looked around, too. The muffled sounds were struggling. They're still here. I found a huge, scary mirror and found a hideous reflection. My top had torn at my shoulder, and my hair looked like a bush.

And then above my head were red snakes in the corner of the ceiling. I turn around and looked up. A carpet rolled around a red-headed girl and a piece of cloth had shut her mouth. She was dangling upside down. Stheno was behind her, holding onto the ceiling like Spiderman.

The sound of shattered glass - Poseidon was beside a broken glass case and had a sword in his hands, glaring at Stheno. Oh yeah, I need to get something too. I ran outside of the room, but a hand grabbed my hair and I was pressed against Stheno, her snakes tickling my face. "No more of your elements, Poseidon."

"I'm doing this the physical way." He said, clutching the sword tighter. His knuckles were white and his veins were protruding. "You do know I'm famous for physicality, Poseidon?" Stheno smirked and laughed. Poseidon charged to her, and she pushed me aside, to the other room.

I heard the clashing of metals, grunts and heavy footsteps. "Okay, Yhanie, how do you free a dangling oracle?" I whispered to myself, frantically staring at the weapon of choices. "Ooh, a crossbow." I broke the glass and took it. It was so heavy I dropped it. "Only one shot, Yhanie." I said and ran to the room.

I positioned my aim at the rope tied around the oracle's feet and a pipe on the ceiling. I was about to shoot when a mass was thrown at me and we were both sent to the next store. We ended up at one of Forever 21's dressing room.

Poseidon was on top of me, lying on my stomach and coughing. "I forgot how good she was at fighting." He said and started to stand up. He offered his hand and I took it to stand up. "Distract her while I go free the oracle." I said and he nodded, running back to Delphi. I turned around and a blonde girl was staring at me.

"Green doesn't suit you." I commented at the blouse she was trying on. She peeked at the hole we made and saw Stheno fighting with Poseidon and her jaw dropped. I placed a finger on my mouth and told her to keep it a secret. She hurriedly grabbed her things and left the dressing room. I locked the door and went back to Delphi.

The oracle was watching the two of them fight, struggling as if she can free herself by moving out of the carpet. "Psst!" I called and she looked at me. I showed her the crossbow I was holding and she nodded. She positioned herself so that she won't hurt her head when she falls. I aimed at the rope and cut through it, and she fell with a thud behind her table.

I ran to her just as Stheno realized her hostage had escape. I took her out of the carpet, took the crystal ball on the table and threw it at Stheno, hitting her on the face. Her eyes turned red in anger and her snakes were hissing furiously. She started to run at me and I aimed at her foot.