✨Miraculous Ladybug One Shots✨

Here is an interview with the wonderful taicardi regarding her work!

1) What inspired you to write your story?

Hmm, well, it's funny you ask, because I was just thinking about that myself. Honestly, I didn't even think it through. I was reading a Miraculous Ladybug fanfic and I thought it was a lot of fun. It was also a one shot so that idea felt more freeing to me instead of writing a whole new story based on a series and so, I went to writing. I love Miraculous Ladybug and the tropes and fandom, it just felt very liberating to write without a clue or any specific storyline that I had to dedicate myself to. I just love to write, so any chance I get is enough to get me typing. I don't remember if I made the cover to get me inspired first or if I just wrote a chapter that then inspired the book. Who knows? But, it was definitely the beginning of my journey to try different storytelling techniques!

2) What inspired the plot and characters?

The plot and characters are inspired by the series. A lot of things are similar like: where they are, how they act and I just took on their roles and gave them my own twists as I interpreted them. But, each story, is my own adaptation. Sometimes, it's something completely different from the show, a different reality but the same characters. In some stories, even the characters act differently than how they normally would in the show. But I don't make them completely unrecognizable. It's just all the possibilities come out. Also, usually my plot comes along as I write, maybe I feel inspired, have a small idea and as I write, it comes to life. It isn't usually thought out right a way. The twists and turns of my stories are just as surprising to you as they are to me;)

3) What type of research was involved?

Most of my research is usually looking at photos, getting inspired by the character's drawings. I also research how to spell the characters names, to be honest, sometimes I completely forget what their names even are. Lol. So, I look those up. I think in general when you're a writer, you use the dictionary on your phone. Because sometimes, I can't find the word I'm looking for or it's just at the tip of my tongue but just not completely there. Isn't that annoying? So, you just search up on Google and ask what's a word that goes with this and means that. I usually ask for synonyms or antonyms or just ask a random question and hope that Google can catch up. Usually Google does, but sometimes I have to leave a word blank and then go back to it. Lol. Let me know if you do this too;)

4) What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your book?

That I'm actually an amazing writer! I was so surprised by my talent and my way to completely dive deep into a story and then be able to also showcase it. It was an awesome experience to learn about that and now I feel more confident in my abilities and I go for it more than I used to. I trust it and I take it more seriously rather it just being for fun. Though, It's still fun ;)

5) Who is your favorite character to write and why?

Oh my god, I don't know. That's hard. I think it depends on the story and what reality I'm making this current story become. I honestly think I like writing all the characters, even Lila! But, I really enjoy exploring Chat Noir's perspective. And Marinette too, and bringing my own interpretation to her.
Though, all of them are fun! I like Tiki and Plagg, they're just irresistibly funny characters. Rose was a fun nervous reck to add. I love Alya too, she's a friend we all need and it's fun to explore her more rather than just giving her the role as the best friend, but giving her some spotlight too. She's a complicated character and I enjoy that part of her. Of course, the rest of the friends are fun too!

6) What is currently your favorite chapter of your book?

Wow. This is hard too! I like them all in their own way, but currently, I think I have two that I'm just completely in awe with and so proud of. I love Story 13 and Happy Valentines day ~ My Funny Valentine. But now as I think of it, a lot of other stories are coming to mind that I enjoy a lot too! But, I think particularly these chapters, really showcased my writing and story abilities. They also feel more complete and clean. Of course, there probably is still a lot more I can dive deep in and edit, but, I'm proud how they are right now too!

7) What do you think the central message of your story is?

Well, since the stories are all separate from one another while exploring different realities of the same characters, they don't really have a message as a full book. Especially because some chapters are to please a certain time of Miraculous Ladybug fan, and some are just small snippets or are little clips. I like to end my stories in cliffhangers too, so some are just there to explore your fantasy and get you into a new world of Miraculous Ladybug! I think that might be a message for the whole book - to get into a new world and explore your fantasy!
But as a writer and for my own personal journey, I see the message is to show myself all the different possibilities, that anything is possible with stories, and life in general. And I gave myself a chance to write in different styles and perspectives- it was a lot of fun. I now know more of my abilities! I can only hope that my fanfiction and interpretation of a series can reflect to the readers and inspire them to express and see all the possibilities in life!

Be sure to check out Miraculous Ladybug One Shots for familiar and new ways to explore this fandom!