Extended Rounds!

We're trying out something new! For the next month we'll run this version of the club. I know a lot of people have gotten busier this season, so I wanted to adjust the club to a format with that in mind. Depending on how people feel about this version, we might keep it or go back and forth between the two versions. I think each will offer different benefits, but I'd love to know your thoughts!

Without further ado here is what extended rounds will look like...

(Extended Round Edition)

~The details!~

After you've submitted a form and I've accepted your application, you will be added to the members list.

Each member will get to submit their book to be read by other members. These books will be added to the Books N Bliss read listing on my profile page.

~Extended Rounds~

This club will run what we call extended rounds, each one being one month. I will announce when each round begins, give a deadline for the end, and announce the end of the round as well. (The club will be closed to new members once the round begins. But you can still join for the next round!)

Each member during the extended round, will be able to read any of the books from the Books N Bliss reading list. There is no limit to what you can or can't read!

You are required to review a minimum of 2 chapters of 3 books from the Books n Bliss reading list (6 chapters total. Prologue counts as a chapter). However there is no maximum limit, you can read as many chapters as you'd like.

In extended rounds you will also have the option to submit more than one book. However, if you choose to submit an additional book you'll have to complete the required assignment twice. So in short, submitting two books means the required assignment is reading/reviewing 2 chapters of 6 books(12 chapters total).

~Earning Points~

Extended rounds will also include a point system with the winner receiving a grand prize worthy of a month long round!

We're all about feedback, engagement, and constructive criticism here! While you're reading, comment and give the writer exactly these things to earn points.

On each comment you make please tag the officer assigned to you. This will be myself @Berlykate or @XxxSistersxxX. Once the round begins, your name will be listed under one of us. Whoever you're listed under is who you'll need to tag.

The comments you make will grant you a certain amount of points depending on the quality of the comment (Point board with a specific breakdown is in another chapter).

Comments like "Good job!" Or "I really loved it!"  Will receive no points. 

Grammar comments can be helpful, however those will be restricted to only earning one point per comment. In other words, if you post five grammar comments on one chapter you will be earning 5 points.

Grammar corrections are great and needed when writing, but the purpose of this club is to engage in each other's stories and that's hard to do if you only comment on the verb tenses or grammatical structure.

Members that give an overall review of a chapter will have 5 points instantly added to that overall comment's score. For example, if the comment received a score of 6 but it was reviewing the entire chapter, 5 points would automatically be added. Making the total 11 points for that comment.

Thoughtful comments that show you've read the chapter will get you points. You don't have to love each chapter, in fact you don't even have to like it! But offer some sort of advice or constructive criticism kindly. 

Review the chapter how you would want your stories to be reviewed. We're all here to learn and improve :)

If you really did love a chapter...say so! I can guarantee it will make the author's day!

There will be a chapter that has all the members listed, along with their points. (I will not tell you how much points a comment gets, but you will see your overall score on that page.)

*If you do not tag your officer, you will receive no points for the comment. So tag us!!! We want to give you points!!!

~Grand Prize~

The person with the most points at the end of the extended round, will get their entire book reviewed by myself and XxxSistersxxX! Or whatever is published at that point, we will review. We'll also engage with you as much as you'd like regarding specific chapters, overall pacing, and how we processed the story as a reader! This will give you two people to give genuine, honest, and helpful feedback on your book as whole and really enable you to strengthen your story to the best it can be :)

We will also follow that account, give an extensive review of your work, and votes!

Additionally, with the help of XxxSistersxxX- who is an incredible artist- we'll design a book cover to bring your novel to the next level! (Of course you don't have to take advantage of this prize, but it will be offered to you :)

Lastly, the author will get to submit questions to my account for a quiz contest to draw in more readers outside the club!

Example: In Heart of Crystals, what color crystal does Azure wield?

I would post these on my message board throughout the following week, and the first person to answer correctly would win votes and a review on one chapter from this account. This contest would be open to anyone who sees the post, hopefully bringing you more readers!

~~~

𖧷𖧷𖧷

We would run this extended round on September 28th to October 28th.

If you have any questions on how this will function, then please ask here and I will answer any inquiries you may have!

I will be reaching out shortly to each of you to ask if you'd like to be a part of the extend round :)

As ever, Berly