✏️Ideas/Feedback✏️

Hello!
Since we've had a few rounds with consistent members and a few newcomers, I thought now would be a good time to get some feedback! I have some ideas explained below that I would love your thoughts on. I'm hoping to continue to elevate this club so it gives you guys the best possible experience :) so please let me know your thoughts! Feel free to be completely honest regarding your experience, opinions, and what you'd be willing to contribute in the future.

~

Officers:
Last time I ran this club, it grew to the point that I needed some help! I began to appoint officers to help score comments. As someone giving out points for reviews, you would not be able to participate as a member for that round. However, your book would be listed as an option for members to choose as one of their 3 selections.

We could possibly rotate officers every round if there is enough interest.

I would assign an officer to be in charge of scoring a few members.

I'm currently able to manage but would anyone be interested in applying to be an officer? I would only need one maybe two people in the future, and you would apply through a separate form.

Let me know here.

~

Multiple time winner:
If you win a round and have previously won before, I wanted to add a higher incentive. In addition to all members reviewing 2 chapters of the winner's book, we'd add a little extra reward.

One idea I have is, instead of me asking all the interview questions, we would have each member submit one question to compile that second interview. The goal would be to promote further engagement.

Also when I do my review I vote on the chapters, how would you feel about giving that author a bunch of votes as well?

Finally, I wanted to implement a way for your books to get more exposure outside of the club. If you win a third time, that author will submit quiz questions where the answers are found in reading the book.

Example: In Heart of Crystals, what color crystal does Azure wield?

I would post these on my message board throughout the week, and the first person to answer correctly would win votes and a review on one chapter from me. This contest would be open to anyone who sees the post, hopefully bringing you more readers!

I've also contemplated the idea of cycling through these rewards. For example...

Win once: everyone reads and reviews 2 chapters

Win twice: everyone submits a question for an interview for the author

Win thrice: author submits questions for the quiz contest + votes from members

And it would cycle back around after three times.

Thoughts? And if you have any other suggestions, add them here.

~

Helpful score determine by you!
I've thought of an idea that will give members extra points based on how helpful the author found their feedback.

After each round, I'd ask each of you who was the most helpful in giving feedback. I'd also include my pick for the most helpful feedback on my book. Everyone would only submit one person.

Whoever is mentioned the most would receive 10 extra points? Or maybe another reward?

Thoughts on this here.

~

Questions from me: Just some questions I'd love your feedback on!

Length of a round: Is it too short? Too long? Just right?

Required Assignment Work: Too much? Too little? Just right?

Scoring rubric: What are you desiring from your feedback? What's helpful to you?

~

I'd also like to give you guys the opportunity to give suggestions and feedback. Please do that below and I'll respond to you! I want this to be a conversation :)

Last note: please keep in mind the core function and general goal of this club. I've designed it so that people can essentially decide how much work they'd like to put in, and what they'd like to read. I can't control what other people do or choose, but I can work to encourage helpful engagement through the outline of this club :)

Ideas/Feedback - Here.

Not everything will be incorporated, in fact maybe none of it will! It all depends on what you guys want and what will work for this specific book club. Thank you for all your contributions, Books N Bliss wouldn't be what it is without you!