Chapter twenty three

Third person's pov:

The air suddenly bacame tense as Gaara was staring at (Y/n). But then he looked at Kankuro.

"Have you forgotten the reason why we came all the way here?" His voice was cold and frightening as he spoke.

"I-I-I-I-I know... b-but they challanged us. They started the whole thing really." He spoke. His voice was giving away nervousness and fear.

"Shut up..." Kankuro trembled at his voice.
"Or I'll kill you."

"Ah... right... I was totally out of line. I-I'm sorry Gaara, I was... totally out of line."

Kankuro raised his trembling hands as if he was surrendering, then Gaara turned his head to Sasuke and the others.

"I am sorry for any trouble he caused." He then turned into sand and appeared in front of his teammates.
"Let's go. We didn't come here to play games." He started to walk away.

"Alright, sure. I get it." Kankuro spoke following him.

"Wait!" Sakura stepped out to stop them.

"What?"

"I can tell from your headband that you come from the village Hidden in the Sand. Of course the land of Fire and the land of Wind are allies, but no shinobi can enter anothers village without permission. So state your buisness and it better be good." Sakura took a few more stepps forward.

"It's not really our buisness... Sakura." Haku spoke in a low voice but he was on guard ready to fight any minute.

"Really? Have you guys been living under a rock or what? You don't know what's going on, do you? We have permission." Temari held up a card.
"Of course you're correct. We are hidden sand Genin. Our home is land of the Wind. And we're here for the Chunin exams, get the picture?" She smirked at Sakura.

(Y/n) giggled and bumbed Haku's shoulder gently.

"I like her."

Temari glanced at her as she kept the smirk on her face but it was different. From the mocking smirk she transformed it into a more playful one.

"The Chunin exams? What's that?" Naruto asked squinting his eyes.
"Well I've never heard of any Chunin exams, believe it."

"I believe it alright? That you are totally clueless." Temari crossed her arms.

(Y/n) let out a laugh as Haku smiled at her reaction.

"I take it back. I love her already."

Temari's smirk widened as she heared her.

"Boss. Those are the exams that every Genin must take to be a Chunin." Konohamaru explained and a braincell of Naruto managed to connect.

"OHH! Well why didn't you say so? I am so there!" He yelled grinning.

Kankuro scoffed and they started to walk away again. But then Sasuke jumped down from the tree he was on.

"Hey you! Identify yourself."

Temari stopped and turned around.

"You mean me?"

"No, him." He pointed at Gaara.
"The guy with the gourd on his back."

The two teammates also stopped and turned around.

"My name is Gaara, of the desert. I'm curious about you and the (h/c) girl too. Who are you?"

He glanced at (Y/n) then looked back at Sasuke.

"I am Sasuke Uchiha." He smirked.

Gaara then looked at (Y/n) waiting for her introduction.