Chapter 4

Chara was giving that anti-social vibe because she was already aware of the people who wanted to befriend her and Frisk because of their title and their social credit. And then she found me interesting, to repeat her words to me. Quite a twist for me actually.

"I feel like we just missed something." Frisk said, they were back from their sauce quest as I saw. "I was about to say that, don't steal my thoughts." Daniel said. As the two sat back at their place, I just laughed a bit. "What if you actually missed something ?" I said, making Chara smile a bit. But when Frisk looked at her, her smile dissipated. "Chara, could you tell your beloved sister if I missed something ?" Frisk asked Chara, Chara only sighed and flicked the forehead of her sister. "Nothing happened." Chara said. Then, I thought of a little something.

"So me confessing my love for you is nothing ?" I said in a fake hurt voice, but then, I said that when Daniel AND Frisk had to drink water, causing them to sit it out. "What the fuck did you just say ?!" Daniel yelled, I quickly looked at Chara which was holding back a laugh. "Did you really confessed to Chara ?!" Frisk yelled too. Then I looked at Chara which was at the brink of her self-control, fortunately, she just cleared her throat.

"Yeah, he did. But he's too boring so I said no." Chara said in a snooty tone. Then it was my turn to fight back a laugh. "I mean, who confesses at a school cafeteria ? I expected at least candles and flowers petals, preferably roses." She said in the same tone. Frisk and Daniel were too shocked to talk, so instead, I nodded to Chara and she seemed to understand the signal. Then, we just laughed out loud, making the shocked pair look at us.

"Why did you say it like it was true !" Frisk exclaimed, seeing the joke was successful, I died down my laugh. "Sorry, it was something I wanted to do." I said, taking the final fork of noodles and steak. "Don't joke about that, I thought you were finally being a social being." Daniel said, I just looked at him and he seemed to understand what I was saying with my eyes.

"Y/N is not social ?" Frisk asked, due to our little conversation earlier, Chara already knew since I was thinking like her, or at the very least, we had some points where we thought similarly. "It's because I want to, not because I can't." I said, Daniel looked at me and I nodded, I wasn't mad against him. "Why don't you want to ?" Frisk asked again, then Chara shot a nasty glare at Frisk. Frisk looked at Chara and rubbed her neck in embarrassment. "That's a story for another day." I just said as I finished my glass of water. "Sorry Y/N." Frisk apologized, Chara seemed happy that she apologized. "Don't be, it's alright." I just said. 

*

*

"One day finished, 4 more to go." I said as it was the end of today's classes. "Come on, it wasn't actually that bad." Chara said, it seemed that her words surprised Frisk. "Wait, are you my Chara ?" Frisk said, pinching the cheeks of her sister. "Yesh." She said as she took Frisk's hands and forcefully put them at her side. "I thought it would be a complete disaster." She said, yawning. "That's because we had a good teacher today, just wait for the worst." Daniel said, I could only sigh as we would have that teacher in the week. "Seems like Y/N thought of it." Chara said, I nodded as I yawned too. "I hope that you have patience, because you'll certainly need it." I said as we exited the building.

Since we were in the middle of April, the weather started to become warmer, good thing I just took a t-shirt with me, if I had a sweater I would've be a sweeting boy. "Where is it ?" Chara said to herself. Frisk looked at her and seemed lost. "What are you searching ?" Frisk asked her. Chara searched in her bag, only to be more stressed. "My locket, I don't have it." She said in a stressed voice. "You lost your locket ?" I asked, she only nodded. Weird, I didn't even saw that locket on her. "That's why you should wear it under your shirt. Not putting it in your bag." Frisk said, putting a hand on Chara's shoulder. "I'll search it with you." Frisk said, which managed to calm Chara a bit. "Thanks, so this is where we say goodbye I guess." Chara said to us. Daniel and I looked at each other and nodded. "Because you thought that we'll leave the two of you search for your locket ?" I asked, which seemed to surprise the sisters. "We'll help you find it, what does it look like ?" Daniel asked, then Frisk pulled something out of her shirt.

A gold-chained, heart shaped heart locket. The side of the heart were golden, as for the heart, it was a complete red. "Let's split, Daniel will go with Frisk, I'll go with Chara." I proposed, they all looked at me and nodded. "Daniel, let's call each other if we find it." I said to Daniel. "Yeah, good idea, let's not waste time." He said as he brought his fist up to me. I smiled a bit as I fist-bumped him and nodded. "Yeah. Let's go, Chara." I said as I started to walk back into the building. 

*

"Not here either." She said as she sounded more stressed than earlier. We checked everywhere we could think of, but we didn't find it. "Seems like it's important to you." I said as I grunted of annoyance. "If you didn't want to search you should've go to your home." She said, pissed off. "I never said that, it's just frustrating." I said as I wiped my forehead, I started to sweat a little. She looked at me in a way that if her eyes could hurt, I would've been dead on the spot. "I can't even help a friend, pitiful is it not ?" I sighed as I noticed something shimmering inside a desk. "It's not pitiful, I could name several humans who wouldn't help me." Chara said as I approached the glistening item. "I'm just glad that you are trying at least." Chara said, sighing. "Forget about trying." I said as I looked towards the red heart shaped thing inside of a random desk.

"What do you me..." She started to talk but trailed off as I showed her her locket. She rushed towards me and jumped towards me, if I didn't caught her we would've fell. But now it seems like we're hugging each other. "Chara ?" I asked, she seemed to snap out and quickly broke the hug she started. "S-Sorry." She said, then I noticed something, I knew about her natural pink blush, but when she's really blushing, she was cuter. 

"There you go." I said as I gave her the locket, which she took graciously. "Thank you Y/N, it's very important to me." She said as she put it on, the color of her locket was really looking good with her natural blush and red eyes.

"Don't mention it, I noticed that." I said as I texted Daniel, saying that we found it. 

*

"Why it was in a random desk ?" Frisk asked. "Some dude must've seen it, since it's shiny he must've thought that it was expensive but actually forgot it." I said, Frisk nodded. "Another case of humans being bitches." I said right after. "But now it's on Chara's neck, so that settles it." Daniel said, I nodded and smiled at Chara. "Yeah, thanks again you two." Chara said, looking at it. "It's good, you would've done the same for us, right ?" I said to her, smiling. She looked at me and seemed stunned for half a second, but then smiled back at me. "Yeah." She said, smiling. 

"Well, time to get out of here." I said as I started to walk towards the entrance's gate. "We'll stay here, we need to wait for someone." Frisk said, as she said that, I had a feeling. I was being looked at. I looked around and saw no one besides the three of them. "Weird." I whispered. "What's weird ?" Daniel asked, which made Chara and Frisk look at me. "Nothing, don't worry, so see you tomorrow ?" I said as I was walking outside, followed by Daniel. "Yeah, see you tomorrow !" Frisk said as she waved at us. "See you tomorrow." Chara simply said as she nodded to me. I nodded to her and began the walk towards home with my buddy.

Today was surely interesting.