Chapter 31

I knew I felt something for Chara, even before that day. But I wasn't really sure of the nature of that something. And then, as I watched her talk to Asgore and Toriel with a smile and her pervious blush returning as soon as she looked at me...

It'd be a lie if I say that she was the reason I smiled that many time that day.

I sighed to myself as I felt the need to go pee. So I made my way towards the bathroom and did the deed. 

Then I washed my hands because hygiene was important. As I finished to dry my hands with the pre-disposed towel near the sink, I looked at myself in the mirror and I saw the same 'thing' I saw not so long ago.

"You really thought you could escape me ?" It said, its mouth and its words were delayed. Its heterochromatic eyes were unsettling to look at, even if it was myself.

Or rather, something disguising as me. "I know. I can't escape myself. But I can ignore." I said as I started to walk away. "You really think they wouldn't be in danger ?" It said, then I stopped myself.

"You sure as hell know that they will strike again, and harder. Daniel can stand himself. But what about the sisters ?" It said, as much as its words tried to be something else, it couldn't hide the sadistic tone of its voice.

"What'll happen if they injure Frisk, or Chara ? Will you avenge them as well as Little Lily ? Will you just watch ? Or worse, would you hide from yourself ?" It said, each word it said made me wanna punch the mirror. 

But it's just my magic and brain playing tricks on me. Its not real.

"Will you be the real you if you find Chara's head 2 meters away from her body ?" It said, with a sadistic glee. I tightened my fist as hard as I could. Its words made me angry, furious.

"Will you be the real you when the only warm thing from Chara will be her blood ?" It said, then I punched myself as I needed to snap out of it.

"Shut the fuck up, you're not me, you are not real." I said to myself as I began to breath more rapidly than before. I controlled my breathing and calmed down a bit.

Then I finally walked out of the bathroom to see Daniel looking at me. He immediately walked towards me. I couldn't decipher his look, he looked neither angry or happy.

"Okay dude, why didn't you tell me ?" Daniel suddenly whispered. I was perplexed as I didn't know what he was talking about. "Didn't tell you about what exactly ?" I whispered back as I threw a quick look behind Daniel. The two sisters talked happily with their adoptive parents.

"I saw your face when your talked with Chara in the kitchen. I saw the hug. Moreover, I saw your expression when you watched her walking back to the living room." He whispered, I was surprised as normally, Daniel wouldn't care about those things, just like me.

"Never knew you were into those soapy things." I whispered with a bit of a smile. "Never knew you were into those either." He whispered, smiling a bit too. "I know you, if you think that it's a serious thing, you'll take your time and try to not fuck it up. So I'll trust you." Daniel whispered as he made his way towards the living room.

I nodded and smiled at his back as even if this kind of talk never happened, it was natural for us. "Seems like they changed us a bit." I whispered to myself as I walked towards the group in the living room.

"Oh, Y/N, feeling fine ?" Toriel asked kindly. I nodded and smiled at her. "Of course, you don't need to worry about me anymore." I said, then bowed a little bit to the daughters. "I am sorry. You were involved with something you didn't have to." I apologized, but I heard footsteps as I looked at the ground.