Chapter 27

I was caught in my own spiral of thoughts while I was playing with Y/N's hairs. Remembering everything I did back in the Underground.

Remembering when I fell, when I played with Asriel, when I made the plan.

Remembering us getting killed, then woke up by Frisk's sheer Determination. 

Remembering where she learned her magic and her special ability to manipulate the timeline.

Remembering watching her experiment everything she could do. 

Remembering that I didn't do anything to stop her. 

Unlike Sans, who watched but tried to stop that madness, I watched and did nothing to stop it.

I got that feeling building up in my guts, at anytime I could throw up due to the sheer disgust I had at myself.

But I managed to hold back that urge as it wasn't me anymore, I changed since we freed the monsters for the final time. 

"Everyone has their own demons, I can think of yours, Frisk's, even Daniel's demons. But Y/N's demons, I can't." Sans suddenly said, then a hand was put on his left shoulder. Then Daniel's head popped of behind Sans's figure.

"What's my demons then ?" Daniel said, smiling but I felt like his smile was hiding a more complex feeling. "Won't tell, only you has the right to talk about them." Sans said, shrugging.

"It doesn't excuse the fact that you know them. And besides, how can you know ?" Daniel said, crossing his hands at his chest. That move surely gave a serious vibe. Then Sans turned his infamous right eye on, showing colors and flashing them in quick succession. 

"That eye give me a sight that nobody can have. I can basically see inside someone's soul if the said soul isn't complex, or fighting itself." Sans explained, Daniel nodded as he seemed to understand something. "So that's why you don't see what's inside Y/N's soul right now." He said as he put his hands behind his head.

"Not just now I'm afraid, I can't look inside his soul at all, even when he was normal." Sans said, Daniel seemed a bit chocked by that. I nodded to Sans as I understood something. "That means there is something blocking that ability of yours inside his soul ?" I asked to be sure, Sans nodded and Daniel smiled at me. "Seems like it, so I can't put my eye on it." Sans said, grinning.

I groaned as Daniel laughed a bit. "At least one person laughed." Sans said, shrugging. Then something moved near me, more precisely, near my legs. Then I looked at Y/N and I saw his expression shifting.

I saw a smile flashing before it died down, being replaced by a expressionless face. 

"What's going on ?" I asked as I was surprised, and I could even feel a bit of worry in my voice. "Don't know, looks like he's dreaming to me." Daniel said, but I looked at him and shook my head.

"If he's out because of him over-using his magic, that can't be the case." I said as I remembered those things from Frisk and myself. "Chara's right, magic isn't simple to understand. Safe to say that we know more about space than magic itself." Frisk's voice was suddenly heard when she exited the bathroom, having a towel hanging on her shoulders.

"I never saw him being out like that, so I don't know myself." Daniel said as he approached Y/N's body. I saw him pull out his hand on Y/N's torso.

I didn't know why, but I suddenly got the urge to yank his arm off Y/N. But I fought against it.

Daniel slowly lifted his hand up and he revealed Y/N's soul. It looked calmer, but the two traits still fought themselves.

"Calmer than yesterday it seems." Sans said, Daniel nodded as I was hypnotized by his soul.