Chapter 34

"You alright ?" I asked Chara as she didn't say a word since she stopped holding my hand. She looked at me and nodded, then she smiled but her smile seemed different from the others she threw at me.

It wasn't a sweet smile when she enjoyed the moment, it was a bittersweet smile where she hid something dark behind the smile.

"Are you sure ? You know you can talk to me." I said as I saw that we were already at the store. She sighed, then smiled at me once again, but this time it was a more convincing smile. "I know, just thought of something, don't worry." She said with a dismissive tone. I nodded as I didn't want to pry further into that. 

Everyone has their problems, if she wants to talk about it, she will.

"Let's go, should be quick right ?" Daniel asked, I just nodded as I was in my thought for a bit. "Yeah, let's go with basic things, like candies." Frisk said while smiling. "Don't go overboard this time." Chara said as we entered the store. "Why ? You know that we'll always eat everything." Frisk said, in response, Chara facepalmed. "We took 2 weeks to finish your popcorn, and it wasn't even that good." She said as she took a simple pack of Twix. 

"Don't remind me, eurh." Frisk said as she was seemingly disgusted. "Eating something past their date is not recommended." Daniel said, then I laughed as I could turn this sentence badly. "Don't tell that, a lot of people eat their dates." I said, Daniel laughed instantly as Frisk and Chara looked at me curiously.

"How is it funny ?" Frisk asked, then Chara laughed a bit as well. "That's dirty." Chara only said. Frisk looked at her and Chara whispered something at Frisk's ear. The latter grew red as the former just laughed. "Stop !" Frisk said laughing, Daniel smiled at her reaction. 

I had a great time with my friends, it was pleasing and relaxing. But then again, I felt the urge to look around me magically. I fought the urge as I took a bottle of peach-flavored water. "Once again ?" Chara asked. "Only thing I would take with a lot of money." I said as I already was hyped to drink it.

The simple things.

"I'll take one as well." She said as she grabbed it. "If I dislike it, you'll pay for my bottle." Chara said, I scoffed a bit as I already knew that she would like it. "Then, you'll pay for mine if you find it good." I said, bringing out my hand for her to shake. "That's a deal." She said as she shook my hand. 

It was supposed to be a short handshake, but the slight coldness of her hand but the warm feeling got the better of me and I didn't want to stop. She looked at me and her natural blush seemed deeper, then she looked at the side shyly. I stopped the handshake but her hand stayed attached to mine. 

"It's warm." She just said as she looked at my hand. Her cuteness could get me killed. "Only you get that access." I said, then she looked at my eyes and smiled as she brought my hand on her cheek. But then, I saw Daniel and Frisk looking at us.

"What're you doing ?" Frisk asked. Chara was surprised and looked directly at Frisk. She seemed that she couldn't find the words. "She felt cold, so I put my hand on her cheek to see if she was cold." I explained, technically it wasn't a lie. Her touch felt cold after all.

"Is that so ?" Frisk asked to Chara as she just nodded. "Alright, let's go buy our things." Frisk said as we made our way towards the cashier.

"Okay, got everything ?" Daniel asked, I nodded as I put my drink in my bag, only to see that I still had those Snickers, Twix, Mars and Kinder Bueno. I smiled to myself as I knew that someone will be happy to see that. "We can go." Frisk said as Chara nodded. With that we walked towards Daniel's house.

*

I took out my bottle of goodness and decided to drink a bit since I was thirsty. Then I remembered something. "Try yours, Chara." I said to her, it seemed that my words woke her up from her trains of thoughts. "Y-Yeah." She said as she opened her bah and took out her bottle. Then she opened it up and took a sip. Two sips. Three sips. 

After quite a bit of sips, she closed the bottle and looked at me. "How much do I own you ?" She asked, going for her purse. I just laughed as I slightly bonked her head with my bottle. "Just seeing you enjoying my favorite drink is good enough." I said as I heard the door of Daniel's house being opened, revealing Frisk and Daniel.

"All good ?" I asked them as they both nodded. "You could've waited a bit more you know ?" Chara said to Frisk. "And I'd pee myself, no thanks." She said as she sighed. "Leaky sink." Daniel said as he looked at her. I laughed loudly as Frisk looked at him with shock. "What did you say ?!" Frisk yelled, embarrassed. I mean, I could understand why. "S-Sorry." Daniel said as he was laughing, Chara only smiled at Frisk and then laughed.

"Come on, let's go home." Chara said as we began to walk again. "Oh, did you think of something we could do ?" I asked the sisters since we just decided to go there. "You got a point there." Chara said as she seemed to think about that problem. "At first I did think of just showing our basic magic things, but since Y/N isn't in a good shape." Chara followed right after. 

I could show them basically all the things I can do. But I hate showing it directly.

"All three of you could show off for a bit, I think I already showed more than necessary." I said, the anger in my voice wasn't planned. "Sorry for the tone." I apologized as they did nothing wrong. 

"I guess we could do that." Frisk said with a bit of a smile. Chara nodded a bit hesitantly. "Don't expect too much, my magic isn't really good." Daniel said with a smile. His magic was a special one. Due to his own Rupture, it was necessary to have an opponent. "We're just showing off our magic, we're not doing a competition." Frisk said, I liked that about her.

She always knew how to make people know their worth. She wasn't a judgmental person. It was refreshing. 

Then I looked at Chara and she seemed a bit down, just like before. The idea of showing her magic wasn't good for her. I could relate to that extremely well. So I decided something.

I saw that Daniel and Frisk was talking to each other, and knowing them, they won't care of us until they want to. Good thing that it was the same thing with Chara and I.

So I just grabbed her hand and squeezed a bit. She looked at me with a bit of a surprised expression, but her hand immediately intertwined with mine. I smiled warmly at that and looked at her eyes.

"If you don't want to show it, there is nothing that can force you too." I said to her with a gentle tone. Her expression softened as she looked more at ease. "I know, but I feel like you showed too much that I can't bring myself to keep it hidden." She said. Did she think that she needed to repay me ?

"That's absurd. I showed and told you my problems because I wanted to. If you're not ready, don't push yourself." I said, smiling a bit. She smiled back at me, the warmth of her smile could heat up the coldest day I could have. "I want to show it to you, but still, I'm afraid of your reaction." She said, I could only scoff.

"Red, how could I mock you in any way possible. You showed me your knife today after all." I said, then she realized that I was right. She nodded and seemed more determined.

"Yeah, you're right. Don't expect much, but I'll show you my best tricks." She said with a confident voice. I could only laugh a bit at that. "Surprise me, Red." I said, she nodded and smiled broadly.

"I'm sure your magic will be as beautiful as your eyes." I said out loud. She blushed but nodded as she looked at my eyes. "I'll be sure to please those eyes of yours then." She said as she squeezed my hand a bit. 

"You already are doing it." I said sure of myself. Her blush seemed to grow but she maintained the eyes contact. "Great, that's something we both do then." She said, that stunned me a bit, but I was fucking happy to know that I wasn't the only one who thought that.

I smiled at her as I felt my cheeks was beginning to be hotter than before.

She knew how to make me blush.