Chapter 28

I continued to hold on Y/N's hand as my feelings were storming in my soul. I couldn't determine what was all of those. But I was sure of one thing.

I started to look at Y/N with something more than friendship and I realized it not so long ago. Literally today.

But then, I didn't know why I had that urge to throw Daniel's arm off of Y/N's torso. I trusted him, he was a good friend for me. But my danger sense was activated at that moment.

Maybe it was because I wanted to be the only one who could touch Y/N ?

What am I a crazy girl ? 

I shook my head as I thought that once again. I was crazy once, and it didn't end well. Not at all. And I didn't want to be crazy around him. I feared that he might be repulsed by me.

I looked at the ground as I sighed. The sudden urge to go to the bathroom hit me so I got up and tried let off Y/N's hand a bit.

"Am I not more than special then ?" I heard his voice as he tightened a bit his hand around mine. Then he opened his eyes to let his E/C look at me with a slight smile on his face.

I couldn't mutter a sentence let alone a word. So I just looked at him as I felt surprised but relieved. I could feel that tears went their way into my eyes so I just slowly but tightly hugged him.

Then my tears fell on his shirt, and I couldn't resist to sob a bit as I was too relieved.

Then I felt a pair of arms surrounding my body as well as the warmth he gave to me.

A kind, gentle warmth to tell me that it was alright. Then the weight on my soul just got lifted as I was too happy. 

"There there." He slowly and gently said as he rooked me side by side as I continued to cry. "I won't be gone that easily, Chara. I'm here with you." Y/N said as he lifted one of his arm to put his hand on my hair, patting my head. 

One minute passed as I finished crying, I looked up and saw him looking at me.

"Even if your eyes shimmer magnificently when you cry, I don't like seeing tears on your face." He said as he wiped a tear falling on my cheek. Then I felt my heart being squeezed while it skipped a beat.

Maybe Sans was right...

"Are you feeling any pain ?" I asked him while I was looking at my hands, nervously playing with my fingers. "Not physically, but I feel like my magic took a heavy hit." He said as he unwrapped his arms. 

As much as I wanted to stay like that, I decided to let him be.

He stood up and stretched all of his body. I could hear some bones popping and I heard the satisfied grunt he let out. 

"Feels good, now time to surprise people." He said as he made his way towards the kitchen, I followed him quietly as he wanted to surprise people. I let out a quiet giggle as Y/N looked at me and smiled at me. I felt my heart beating faster once again.

"What we're eating there ?" He said as he put his hand on Daniel's shoulder. "Toriel baked us some eggs and bacon for breakfast." Daniel said as if he wasn't surprised. In the contrary, Toriel and Sans had a clear shocked expression on their face.

"You're awake !" Mom gleefully exclaimed as Sans smiled more than usual. "Took your sweet time kiddo." Sans said as he winked at Y/N. He scoffed as he pointed himself with his thumb. "That guy needed some shut-eye after yesterday." He said as he smiled a bit.

I felt that his smile was bittersweet. Just like Sans, hiding pain behind that smile. If I wasn't familiar with that process, I would never tell that his smile was a fake one.