Chapter 23

"Wanna change clothes or you're okay with those ?" I asked my friends as they looked at me. "I don't think we'll do something more than sitting." Chara said, she smiled and looked at Frisk. "I don't need to change too." Frisk said, glaring at Chara.

"Oh, for once you don't want to change clothes." Chara said, smirking at Frisk. "I might change just to annoy you." Frisk groaned as she said. "It'll annoy them but not me." Chara said, pointing at me. "Don't care to be honest." I said uninterested. "Do what you want." Daniel said, as uninterested as me. "I'm fine, let's go already." Frisk said as we exited the school ground.

"Where do you wanna go ?" I asked as I wasn't sure where we were going. "To the park near a small lake. We'll be comfy there." Frisk said, she seemed to be excited about that. "How about we grab some food and drinks ?" Daniel asked. "That's your greatest idea so far." I said as I looked at him smirking. 

"That's a good idea." Frisk said, Chara nodded as we collectively walked towards that convenience store. "Any idea what to grab ?" Frisk asked. "Simple, food and drinks. Take what you want." I said as I already had something in mind. "Just pay for yourself, we aren't all rich." Daniel said, I laughed as I looked at Frisk to see her reaction. She smiled then laughed as Chara smiled.

"I can pay for your things if you're that poor." Frisk said playfully, I smiled as Daniel looked hurt. "It's a man duty to pay." He said as he put his hand at his heart. "Yeah yeah. Go tell that to Erwin." I said pointing at his posture, he looked at his hand and smiled. "Y/N the weeb." Daniel said as we entered the convenience store. 

"You asked me which anime could you watch after Attack on Titan. Who's the weeb ?" I said to Daniel. He scoffed as he knew he couldn't win against me in that department. I soon targeted the items I wanted to buy. A chicken sandwich with mayonnaise and lettuce, some classic bag of chips, and a bottle of peach-flavored water.

Once I got the items, I quickly made my way to the cashier. I looked at his eyes and I felt a bit of darkness in his soul. So I decided to that as quickly as possible. I payed for my things and I put them in my bag. Then I waited for them to complete their item scavenging quest.

I saw Chara paying for her items as I saw that she didn't take any chocolate thing. Then I thought of something. I quickly made my way towards the candy section and bought a few chocolate bars. Snickers, Twix, Mars and Kinder Bueno. I bought that quickly as I saw Chara walking outside. Once I paid for the sweets, I quickly put them in my bag and exited the shop, joining Chara.

"What did you buy ?" Chara asked me. I looked at my bag still in my hand and smiled to her. "A sandwich, chips and a drink. You ?" I asked back as I wanted to surprise her. "Basically the same as you, plus a little something I would like to share with you." She said as her cheeks grew redder. I smiled to her. "Then I got things to share with you too." I said as I looked at her eyes. They were still the most breath taking eyes I've seen.

"Did we make you wait ?" Frisk said as Daniel was behind her. "A bit, come on, let's go." Chara said as she took my hand and walked faster than expected. "Someone's eager huh ?" I said as I look out connected hands. She stopped and looked to see that she was holding my hand, quite tightly I might add.

"Sorry, I wasn't thinking." Chara quickly apologized. "It didn't bother me one bit you know." I said as I put my hand on her shoulder. I felt her body relax as she turned to look at me. "I didn't know you wanted to go that bad Chara." Frisk said as Daniel and her followed us. "I just want to relax." She said, her blush dying a bit. I smiled as we made our way towards the park they mentioned.

*

"That's a pretty sight." Daniel said as we ate our things on a table. He sat next to me as I faced Chara. Daniel was facing Frisk. "Yeah, the lake is pretty." Frisk said as she took a bite of her sandwich. "I can see why you wanted to be here." I said as I took a bite of my sandwich as well. Too bad that was the last one. "You ate quite rapidly." Chara said as she looked at me.

"You've seen nothing yet. That guy is a monster when it comes to food." Daniel said, laughing as he pointed at me with his thumb. "Really ?" Frisk and Chara asked at the same time. I just scoffed. "You just need to eat 2 burgers to impress him." I said dismissively. "Well, 2 burgers is already impressive." Chara said, I looked at her and I saw her smile. 

"I know, I'm pretty impressive." I jokingly said as I got up to put my trash to the trash. Then when I went back to the table, I could see that Daniel was smiling. Even more than before, I smiled to myself as I knew that Daniel truly enjoyed himself.

As I sat down, I felt something disturbing at a small distance. I looked at Chara and she looked at me. "Felt that ?" Chara asked, then Frisk and Daniel looked at us. I just nodded as I got up once again and I walked towards that thing. 

It was leading us in a small, recluse part of the park. As I walked closer, I felt that the disturbing feeling was stronger. It was leading us again but in the forest just behind the park. "I don't think that's a good idea." Frisk said worried. "I never said to follow me." I quietly said as I walked towards the forest. "We'll wait for you here." Daniel said as he held Frisk's left shoulder. I nodded as I looked to Chara. 

"You sure about that ?" I asked her. She nodded without hesitation. I smiled as I looked ahead. "Let's go." I said, walking in the forest.

But once we entered the forest, I could feel that I was slower than before. It was weird since I wanted to go faster. I looked at Chara and it seemed that she had the same problem as me.

Then, I felt a sudden pain at my right shoulder. I looked at it but nothing attacked. I winced because of the pain and held it. But because of the small moment where I wasn't focused. I was a white blur rushing at me. 

It pushed me quite strongly as I flew backwards. Good thing there wasn't any trees behind me or my back would've been snapped. I looked at Chara and I saw her face snapping back and forth to see that white blur. I tried to get up but I felt slower than before. "What the hell ?" I said as I put more strength into my legs. It was even slower than before.

It felt like I was holding at least 3 times of my own weight. Then the white blur stroke Chara, but she seemed to know that because she created a red knife and deflected his strike. I tried to run towards her as I stumbled because of the difficulty.

Then I felt the magic in the air changing almost every seconds. It was like the magic was being actualized. 

I walked slowly towards Chara who was fighting against that thing and saw that I was faster than before. 

That's it. 

As I saw that she was struggling more by the second. I walked even more slowly towards her as I threw a fist with no strength to that person. 

When the hit connected, it made a huge sound and the person was sent flying against a tree. I tapped Chara's shoulder and walked towards that person. Who was hooded. "Your magic trick almost worked. Too bad it was noticeable." I said as I looked at his gear. There was a crest at his heart. A monster soul and a human soul merging with each other. Merging...

"The weak becomes strong, the strong becomes weak. The slow becomes fast, the fast becomes slow. That's a interesting thing doesn't it." The person said, judging to the voice, it was a male. "But it seems that I underestimated your magical awareness. That's a error by me." He chuckled as I gently grabbed his shoulder. But due to his magic, it was stronger than a Gorilla grip.

"Who are you ?" Chara asked as I opened my mouth. "My identity doesn't matter. My goal matters more." He said as he chuckled once again. "Our goal is to unify the two species once and for all. And we will not stop at anything." He said as his voice began to turn more heavy.

"Let me guess, you're Merged ?" I said, he looked at me and laughed loudly. "So you're that guy. Impressing. Unfortunately, I can't be here longer." He said as his magic suddenly turned off and pushed us with a strong push. Then he jumped high enough to be on a tree. I tried to use my magic but then my magic came out weak. "That's too bad." He said as he escaped.

"That bastard know how to use his magic." Chara said, I nodded as we made our way back towards our friends.

Merged huh ? Seems like it's a dangerous entity.