Chapter 20

I stood there, as Chara silently cried on my shoulder. I was a bit stunned by that. And the feeling of protectiveness I had for her stunned me too. First time I felt that since her. She was a perfect mix between Chara's and Frisk's personality. 

Cut the thoughts Y/N, or you'll be mad.

"Are you good ?" I said to Chara as she broke the hug, she still had tears in her eyes, but they didn't seem to fall. "Yeah, sorry for that, I didn't know how to react." She said, slightly smiling. "That's okay, everyone have their own reactions." I said as I smiled to her. 

"You don't think I'm ... weird do you ?" She asked, then I smiled a bit more. "I'd prefer to use the word 'interesting' for you." I said as I remembered that Daniel and Frisk was waiting for us. But then, Chara hugged me once again. But this time she wasn't crying or anything, she even giggled as she hugged me. "You're interesting as well then. Never heard someone complementing my eyes without a hidden thought." She said, she did say that people were scared by her eyes. So hearing me compliment them, without second thoughts made her act like that.

"I can't compliment you without having a plan ?" I asked rhetorically. She laughed a bit and broke the hug. "Only you can compliment me, even with a plan." She said as she started to walk away. 

Did she just ... 

Was that a flirt ?

Was that an invitation ?

I shook my head as I knew that I would think of that later when I'll be alone. I made my way towards her and smiled to myself. Then I felt my heart rapidly beating once again.

*

"Took you long enough." Daniel and Frisk said at the same time. I scoffed. "Did you bonded while waiting ?" I asked, Daniel laugh and Frisk smiled, but I could see a tiny bit of blush on her face. "Of course we talked." Frisk said, I nodded as I smiled to her. "Well then, let's get right into the eating." I said as the three of them nodded.

"Hello, welcome to Baby Food. Can I take your order ?" The waitress said. As we already knew that place, Daniel and I already knew what to order. The same couldn't be said about the sisters. "While they'll choose, I'll take the Chicken Curry, without tomatoes please." I said to the waitress, she nodded as she wrote the sandwich's name. "With Cheddar ?" She asked. "That would be great, thanks." I said as she nodded, smiling.

"I'll take the Double Chicken Burger please, with a side of French fries." Daniel said, the waitress nodded as she looked at the sisters. "I'll take the Cheeseburger, with a side of French Fries as well." Chara said, the waitress wrote her order and looked at Frisk. "Then I'll take the same thing as her." Frisk said, the waitress nodded and smiled at us.

"I'll be back with your orders soon enough." She said as she left the table. "Can't wait to taste that sweet chicken." I said as I practically drooled. "Come on dude, we all know a good steak is better." Chara said, smiling. "A big chicken, greatly cooked is even better." Daniel said, I nodded to his words. "Chicken is good, Beef is better." Frisk only said while smiling.

"I'm too lazy to even compete." I said as I rested my head on my hand, the elbow on the table. "Because you know that's a win right ?" Daniel said, I nodded as I yawned. Then I felt a spike of pain in my right shoulder. I winced as I held that part of my body. 

"Are you alright ?" Chara asked. I nodded as the pain slowly died down. "Yeah, just felt a sudden pain. It's gone now." I said, they all nodded as I was lost into my thought.

How Owen could use monster's magic, while he was a human ? Monster's magic is like a poison to us. 

Monsters used their own soul to canalize their magic spells. As for us, humans, we gathered magic in the air to fuel our soul, making it work. It was like a battery if the air doesn't have any magic in it. Which was rarer than hitting the jackpot 7 times in a row.