Chapter 32

I woke up due to the alarm being played by my phone. I disabled it and read the time. 7:00. How satisfying. I slapped a bit my cheeks and got up. I took a dark blue t-shirt with some black cargo jeans as I made my way to the bathroom to put my clothes there.

"Morning." I just said as I still felt sleepy. Dad looked at me and smiled. "Hey son, how'd you sleep ?" He asked, I shrugged as I made myself my trusty mug of milk. "Not bad, not good." I said as I yawned.

"You must've slept good after what happened at out door yesterday." He said, laughing a bit between his words. That caught me off guard, so the sip I took from my mug was spat out in the sink. "Come on son, I know a romance starting when I see one happening, even more with my own son." He said as he made his way towards me.

"We're just good friends, that's all." I said dismissively as I finished my mug of milk. "Y/N, that's not a classic girl you got there. It's Chara Dreemurr. I'm sure that she does those things with you because you're special to her." He said as he made himself a coffee. "I... don't know." I trailed off, remembering the exact words she said to Dad when she left.

He sighed as he knew why I was reluctant. "Listen, it won't happen to you. As much as you keep the relationship alive." He said as he patted my back. I forced a tiny smile as I made my way towards the bathroom to shower myself.

Once I was done showering, brushing my teeth, my hairs, and put some cologne and deodorant, I stepped out of the bathroom. I made my way upstairs to my room and grabbed my light bag. I patted my pockets to check if I had everything. Phone and keys were in those pockets, so I was good to go.

"I'm off to school." I said as I opened the door. "Have a good day !" Dad exclaimed as I smiled a bit at him. Then, I saw a special person waiting for me just at the doorstep. 

"That's a surprise." I said as I looked at Chara's eyes. "I wanted it to be, Frisk is already on the way towards Daniel." She explained as I nodded. "Feel like there's something going on between the two of them." I said as we started to walk towards the school. 

"Had the same thought, shall we help them ?" She asked me, I shook my head as I disliked to interfere in other's private things. "Let them be, they'll figure it out." I said as I smiled a bit at her. She smiled back and nodded. "I kinda hoped you would say that." She said as she played with her fingers. "Why ?" I just asked, she seemed unsure but she looked at me and sighed. 

"Because I don't have experience in that domain." She said, a bit timidly. I couldn't help but to find that shyness cute. So I let out a small laugh. "It's not funny." She said with a stern expression. Well, she tried.

"Sorry, it was cute." I said. "Even if you don't have experience with love, that doesn't mean you can't help Frisk." I continued as she looked at the road. "Do you have experience ?" She asked, this time looking at me. "Not at all, wasn't interested before." I said, then I realized my words. I played it cool as she didn't seem to notice. "I see." She said, her tone gave me the impression that she was happy to hear it.

"Yo Hole in one." Daniel said as we arrived at the meeting spot. I scoffed as I shook his hands. "Not anymore, Thornmail." I said, his face shifted when I said his nickname. "Okay Wizard." Daniel said, I laughed a bit.

"So, how's your magic by the way ?" Frisk asked me. I created a small ball of magic and shape-shifted it with more ease than yesterday, but I still felt a bothering feeling. "Better, but not the best." I said as I crushed the ball with my hand. "You always do that." Chara said, mimicking my crushing gesture. "Yeah, force of habit. And like that I'm sure that my magic stay in my body." I said. She nodded as she spawned a knife. 

"What are you doing ?" I asked her as she handed me her knife. "Could you try to crush my knife please ?" She asked, the demand was weird, but I accepted it nonetheless. I took her knife and crushed it with my hand, but as it was her magic, it didn't go in my soul. "Just wanted to know if you could 'steal' magic from others." She said as she smiled a bit.

"You could've just ask him you know ?" Frisk said, Chara laughed a bit. "I wanted to see as well." She said as she smiled at me. I smiled back at her and nodded. "So you're a visual learner." I said as we crossed the gate of the school. "Exactly." She said as she seemed proud.

"Why your grades is low then ?" Frisk asked, Daniel and I just 'oooh'd' at her words. "Tough subject there." Daniel said, I nodded as Chara seemed to not be bothered. "Because I don't care of them. Simple as that." She said as they sat down on our selected bench. Daniel and I stayed on our feet as we simply took that habit.

"Seems fair to me." I said as I looked around me. Even if I wanted to be calm, even if I wanted to have a good day, something kept telling me to check for them. 

"What're you looking at ?" Daniel asked me, I turned my face back at them to see the 3 of them looked at me. I decided to not respond as the answer was pretty obvious. "Come on dude, with the beating they took, they won't show up for days. They care about their public image." Daniel said, trying to recomfort me.

And he was right, so I just took a deep breath and calmed down the incoming rage I didn't felt until then. "You're right, you're right." I said as I brought out a tiny smile. Chara and Frisk looked at me as if they were sorry for me. 

"Just live your day as if they never existed." Frisk said, Chara and Daniel nodded. So I smiled a bit more, knowing that my friends cared about my well-being.

"Yeah, thanks guys." I said as I relaxed. "Can't wait to follow up my night in Maths." I said as I yawned. "Come on, Maths is cool dude." Daniel said as Frisk nodded. "How the fuck is that cool ? There's letters with numbers, that's a whole language." Chara said, I laughed a bit as I shared the same thoughts on that.

Frisk and Daniel sighed as they tried to convince us that Maths were nice and cool. I never understood it since I began high school. "It was cool, when it was simple equations." I said as the bell ringed. 

"Well, time to go sleep." I said as we started to go to our classroom. "At least try to understand." Frisk said as she facepalmed a bit. "Okay, I'm trying." I said with a thoughtful expression. "Yeah no I can't." I said when I didn't even try. Chara laughed as Daniel snickered. "You and your sarcasm..." Frisk said while sighting. 

"It's like they were meant to me." Daniel said, smiling. "Till death do us part." I said as I laughed a bit. Then Chara looked at me, I smiled a bit more at her, then she blushed and looked ahead of her.

But it was a bit too late as she missed a stair. As I saw her falling ahead, I instinctively grabbed her waist with my two hands to prevent her from falling. "You okay ?" I said as I kept my hands on her waist without a second thought. "Y-Yeah, sorry about that..." She trailed off for a second. "C-Could you move your hands please ?" She said shyly, I retracted my hands with a newfound speed and blushed a bit as well.

"Sorry about that." I said, rubbing my neck. Daniel and Frisk looked at us when they were at the top of the stairs. "Come on guys, you'll be late !" Frisk said as we resumed our ascend to insanity, or maths. 

"Why'd you stop ?" Daniel asked us, then I looked at Chara and she rubbed her neck nervously. "I missed a step." Chara said, having a niche smile on her face. I snickered from that but when she looked at me, I looked at Daniel and smiled. "Come on, we'll be late." I said as I gestured them to move on.

"Don't laugh at me." Chara said while she playfully punched my shoulder. I laughed a bit more. "Sorry sorry, I just noticed that you are a bit clumsy." I said as I smiled at her, then she returned the smile at me. "Good thing you're here to correct it." She said with a cute voice. 

Too bad we're in public, if not I would hug her due to her sheer cuteness.

"I'm glad to help." I said as we entered the classroom. I put my bag on the table and put my head on the bag, using on as a pillow.

I looked at my right and I saw Chara did the same thing, I smiled at her as she smiled back at me.

It feels weird having someone like her in my life. 

Well, I'm thankful for that.