Chapter 9

Hopper is sitting in his office, looking at his computer. He is scratching his head thinking about what to do with this vigilante.

The public is starting to find out about him, and they're calling for the police to do something.

But what are they supposed to do? They don't have a clue who he is, and he technically hasn't broken any laws yet, so there's not much they could do.

Hopper glances at the picture of Jane on his desk. He is feeling increasingly guilty about never being at home with her. He misses his little girl so much, and can't help but feel like he is missing out on watching her grow up, due to being at work all the time.

And he doesn't know what to think about Wheeler. While Hopper feels sorry for what the kid is going through, he isn't going to forget that he's still a teenage boy, who has become close with his daughter.

Luckily though, Jane is a good kid, so he shouldn't have to worry about her...

~

"You ate anything yet?" Mike questions as they walk down the street in Midtown. Cars and busses are flying by, along with people hurrying from place to place.

El shakes her head, "No, you?" She asks, walking close to him, trying not to get lost in the sea of people.

"Are you hungry?"

El nods, she hasn't eaten anything today.

They keep on walking until they arrive at a pizza place. This is when El realizes she doesn't have any money.

"Oh crap. I-I don't have any money." She says, kinda embarrassed.

Mike thinks for a moment. Should he use his money from the Daily Bugle on El, or use it to help his mom? It's no contest in his mind.

'Besides, I have enough to do both.'

"Don't worry, I've got it." Mike smiles down at her.

"W-What?"

"I've got money, don't worry about it." He opens the door for her, but she remains by the door, looking at Mike.

"No Mike, you don't have to do that..." El says, feeling guilty.

"I know, I want to." He smiles and El knows she isn't going to get out of this.

El gives in, and walks into the restaurant. Mike follows closely behind her and they sit at a table.

Mike thinks restaurants like these are the best. The "mom and pop" places are always better.

Mike can't help but stare at the beautiful girl across from him, hoping so badly that she would see him as more than a friend.

However, he isn't able to stare at her for very long before the waitress asks for their order.

Mike isn't planning on eating very much, because eating a lot of food and then swinging is probably not a good idea.

"What're your grades looking like so far?" El asks as she takes a sip of her drink.

I'm all honesty, Mike has no idea what his grades are. He's been so busy with... stuff, that he hasn't had time to focus on school.

He clears his throat and nods quickly, "Good. Y-Yeah..."

El quirks an eyebrow at him, "You sure about that?"

Mike let's the facade down, "No."

El giggles, "I mean, I don't get it."

Confusion comes across Mike's face, "What do you mean?"