Chapter 6 I'll Do My Best

At the hoshino home
"ooh, yakiniku... pretty lavish, huh? I bet gazing at all those cuties made the meat extra delicious, huh?" Ruby asked as she stared at aqua with a glare.
"Er, I was just socializing." Aqua said, trying not to show he enjoyed the food.
"Lair, that's a look of satisfaction if I've ever seen one!" Ruby shouted as she pointed at aqua. There was silence for a moment then aqua turned his head away from ruby.
"No, it's not." He said not looking at ruby.
Look me in the eye when you talk! Ruby shouted.
'With this young body, i can eat unlimited amount of fatty meat and my stomach feels fine. It's the best thing ever.' aqua said in his mind as he contined to not stare at ruby.

' aqua said in his mind as he contined to not stare at ruby

"It's a rule that we all eat dinner together on sundays. But you've been doing this ever since the show started! The concept of the show is that you get togethet after school, right?! But you always film on weeknds. It's staged fakery!" Ruby complained while Aqua side eyed her.
"A small thing like that is fine, right? I think it's great that they're prioritzing our schoolwork. Actually, these reality dating shows are less staged then i'd thought. Some of the cast are clearly acting, but most of simply do their best to portray themselves in a good light. Everyone does that in real life too, right? You'd see the same thing at singles' party." Aqua explains while washing the dishes and ruby stood close to the sink.
"Well, I couldn't say since i've never been to one. So, is everyone actually in love, then?" Ruby asks.
"I guess that varies from person to person."

Y-chan (15): surprisingly, I actually do

Y-chan (15): surprisingly, I actually do. But fans are watching, so i wouldn't want to take it too far on the show. 
M-chan (18?): definitely! It's probably like developing real feelings for a guy at a host club.
K-kun (17): when the camera's on me, I go into work mode, so it's pretty doubtful.
A-kun (16): not a chance. This is a just job to me.
I-chan (16): I mean if it happenes it happenes. I wouldn't mind dating someone from the show if someone confesses.
N-kun (17): i'm serious about it. Wouldn't it be amusing if I took it all the way to getting married?
A-chan (17): i don't know. I already have my hands full just trying to play my role...
'I hadn't watched dating shows before, so my knowledge on the subject was lacking. I went in with all sorts of biases, but they don't use reality as a selling point for nothing. There's less fakery than i'd imagined. Also they show people's true natures on screen more than i'd expected.' Aqua stopped drying the dish.