Chapter 8 Fixing Akane's Appearance

A/N: I thought I release a longer chapter for you guys. Enjoy!
Akane looked behind her and then looked away.
"Aqua-kun... but why?"
"Mem said that you went out in the typhoon but still hadn't come back, and she's been looking everywhere for you. And Itsuki tried to call you but you weren't answering. So, I traced the route you'd take to the convenience store, and... you fool." Aqua said as he loosened his grip on akane. She started sobbing as she wiped her tears with the sweatshirt she was wearing.
"Hey, you two! It's dangerous up here! What on earth are you doing?!" A guard came over to the two. Aqua looked over at the guard.
"Akane kurokawa is getting roasted big time. Well, it's no wonder given what she did." Kana said as she scrolled on her phone. Ruby looked over then back at her phone. She had facetimed itsuki so she was on the phone.
"Isn't this the kind of thing you get used to once you become a public figure?" Ruby asked, making Itsuki shake her head.
"I mean yeah. But it varies by person, and some simply never get used to it." Itsuki said as she frowned.
"Even for me, depending on how I'm doing mentally, there are some days I think, "maybe I really will go and die." The mental state of a teenage girl who, lacking any tolerance for it, has been exposed to a barrage of abuse for the first time is something you likey can't even imagine."

"It's enough to give you the illusion your whole life is over

"It's enough to give you the illusion your whole life is over." Kana said with a dull look in her eyes.
"Though dating reality shows are popular all around the world, nearly 50 people from such shows have taken their own lives over the years. It's such an issue that some countries have laws requiring cast members to undergo counseling." Miyaemoon said, making kana look away from them.
"If 50 people have died, you should take it as an indication that 10 times as many narrowly avoided the same fate despite feeling they wanted to die. Reality shows are programs in which you bear your soul. It's not show that gets lambasted, but you yourself. It cuts deep." Kana said.
"My big brother said... lying is the very best way to protect yourself." Ruby said, making Kana smile at her.
"That's a good way to put it." Kana's smile faded.
"It's not as bad if you're playing a character to some degree, but the more you put the real you out there, the greater the toll it takes. Social media puts the bad-mouthing of celebs on public display. In the name of justice and freedom of expression, someone is geeting excessively ganged up on and bullied almost every day. Everyone thinks they're an exception as they fiercely drive people into a corner. The soliloquies they spew out without thought can kill people." Itsuki explained while ruby stared at her with a saddened look.
"I wonder if my brother is alright..." ruby said.

" ruby said