Chapter 5: The Confession

After Josie had dinner with the Mikaelsons, she went back up with Hope to her room. She sat on Hope's bed. It was comfy. "Can you sit still for a moment?" Hope asked, a small smile tugging at the corner of her lips. Josie nodded. Hope removed the painting of her mother and placed a new one on the easel. She began to paint. Josie admired how focused she was, and the way she bit her lip when she was painting? How did she get so lucky?
       After Hope is finished, she smiles eagerly and shows it to Josie. "Hope-wow...It's beautiful" Josie says. She gently places a kiss on the crown of Hope's head. The auburnette smiles and looks up through the glass ceiling. It was raining quite heavily. "I don't want to send you home in the rain. Do you want to stay the night?" The shorter girl asks hopefully. "I would love that" Josies eyes sparkle. She borrowed some of Hope's clothes. They both got dressed and laid in bed.
"Good night hope" the brunette said as she buried her face in the crook of her lover's neck. "Night night, love"

    Josie woke up feeling the warmth Hope was radiating. It was freeing. Magical, even. She felt like she could lie there all day. The brunette started to feel Hope stirring awake. "Morning" Josette smiled. Hope hummed in response and wrapped her arms tighter around the other girl. "Ok, ok. Time to get up" She giggled. Hope groaned but still got up. After getting ready and eating breakfast, Hope helped Jo climb onto Night Wind and they rode off. Hope placed her hand on Josie's waist to keep her from falling off. A little while after,they arrive at the castle."Jo, would you like to meet up for lunch? I-i've got something to tell you.." hope asked nervously. "Of course" Josie smiles and gives the auburn haired girl a peck on the lips.

     Hope is sitting at the lake. A thin layer of mist has settled on the water. It's very quiet and calm. Josie comes up behind her. "Hey" she greets her. "Hi" Hope says beginning to unpack her bag filled with food for the two of them. Josie's eyes widen and a smirk appears on her face. "What?" Hope says confused. "Nothing. I'm just confused why someone would need this many beignets" the brunette giggled. "I like them" Hope pouts. "Hey pouting is my thing!"
       They eat and talk for a while. "So what did you want to tell me?" Jo asks.  The smile fades from Hope's face. "Well, a couple days ago, i got a visit from my father. He offered me a deal. He wanted to rule over all the kingdoms and her wanted my help. He wants me to kill you, Josie. But i promise, i won't hurt you..." Hope explains. She tucks a stray strand of hair behind Jo's ear and leans closer. "I promise.."
         Josie pushes her away. "Is that why you've been spending so much time with me?! I thought we had something, Hope" the brunette shouts. "Jo, we did have something. I wasn't going to do it, i swear on my life" Hope holds Josette's hand. "No. I don't believe you. I'm leaving. Don't ever come near me again!" The Saltzman heir got up and walked away. "Josie, wait! No" Hope called out, but nothing...