Chapter 6: The Letter

Hope sat at the grand piano in their living room, her fingers on the keys, playing 'Je te laiserrai des mots' by Patrick Watson, a song her mother used to sing to her before she went to bed when she was little. "What's wrong, little one?" Rebekah asked. "It's nothing..." she sighed. "C'mon, you know you can talk to me, my love" the blonde wrapped her arms around her niece. "I really messed up with Josie"
       "Well...maybe you should try apologizing" the vampire suggested. "I tried, but she won't talk to me. Also, the bullying at school has gotten worse" Hope looked down. "If Josie doesn't recognize that you're sorry, maybe she isn't the one. And the bullies, i'll eat them" she smirked. "You're right" the Mikaelson heir said.
Maybe she could write Jo a letter.
Dear Josie,
I know you're mad at me, but i just want to apologize. Meet me at our spot by the lake?
-Hope.

       There. She hoped Jo would let her say sorry. The next day at school, she slipped the note into Jo's locker. She held her breath as she saw the brunette open her locker and the note slip out. Josie opened the letter, scanned it, scoffed and ripped it the pieces. She glanced at Hope when she passed by, who was kinda heartbroken by the way.
        But then she remembered what Rebekah said. "If she doesn't recognize I'm sorry, she isnt worth my time." The auburnette clutched her books in her arm and went to her next class. Thankfully, Jo wasnt in this one, so she sat next to her best friends, Rafael and Lizzie. Magical Herbology was boring as always, she zoned out about 3 times during the lesson, and she started to play hangman with Raf at the corner of her page.
         After lunch, she had Incantations with Mr. Williams which wasnt too bad. Hope sat with Rafael, Landon and Lizzie during lunch. The group always ate outside, to avoid students looking for someone to pick on, but this time they werent so lucky. "No, i stand by what i said, Shuri was the best Black Panther, plus she fine af" Hope smirks.
          Landon shakes his head "Nuh uh, T'Challa was so much better". Hope was about to answer him when she felt something hit the back of her head. "Headshot!" She heard Finch say, followed with laughter from Dana and Josie. "What do you want, emo dog?" Lizzie rolled her eyes. "Lizzie ignore them" Landon says before turning away. Of course, Lizzie being Lizzie, didn't listen "Here, fetch" she shouted at Finch before throwing a stick at her head.
         "Ow! Oh you little bi-" the wolf shouts before running at the blonde. Raf had to hold down Finch and Landon and Hope did the same with Lizzie. They struggled for a good two minutes before the bell rang, signalling the end of lunch. "Saved by the bell" Lizzie growled. Hope made sure to let her shoulder collide with Josie on the way out.