Chapter 13: Til the Bitter End

Hope sat on the emerald green grass next to the lake. It was calming. She didn't know why, but it also brought forth some sort of sadness. So many thoughts ran through her head. Looking into the still water, she stared at her reflection. She looked just like her mom. Oh how she missed her.. Tears began to form in the corner of her icey blue eyes. "Hey Mikaelson" she heard a voice from behind her. It was Finch. Ugh, could she not leave her alone for a little while? Hope didn't turn around, but continued to stare at the water, fiddling with her fingers.

      "Y'know, I really didn't appreciate what you said yesterday" she says, getting closer to Hope. "I'm not in the mood right now, Finch" the auburnette whispers. "Aww. Is little Hopey baby gonna cry" she mocked. She stayed quiet. "C'mon now. Aren't you supposed to be like, the most powerful creature or something? Can you not handle a little but of insults" Finch's friends laugh. Standing up, Hope walks up to Finch, her blue eyes turning a deep gold. Wiping her tears, Hope growls "Look, Finch. I don't know what your problem is, but i said to leave."

    Josie quickly gets between the two "Ok, that's enough". "No. I'm done with you all. You only ever seem to speak up when i stand up for myself, huh" she gently pushes her out of the way.  Finch scoffs, "Oh so you wanna fight tribrid freak? My wolves will tear you to pieces". Stepping closer, Hope snarls "I'd love to see them try".
Suddenly, Finch swings at her. Hope catches her arm. "I know you are an uncivilized dog, but we normally don't do fist fights like you.. peasants. I  challenge you to a sword fight, right here. I'll give you two weeks to prepare"

    Scowling, Finch and her gang leaves, except Josie. "Baby..are you ok?" the brunette asks, placing her hand on Hope's cheek. The auburnette pulls away from her touch, looking down at the grass below her feet. "Hey, why aren't you letting me touch you?" Jo tilts her head to the side. "Stop acting like you care about me" Hope says. Taking the shorter girl's hand and placing it in hers, Jo whispers "But i do care...". Hope scoffs. "No you don't. Stop acting like you care because you never gave a shit about me!" Hope shouts, pulling away once more.

    "Hope..i love you. And i care about you more than you could ever imagine.." she looks into the blue eyes of the girl infront her. "I promise, i really do. I alway will Hope. To the bitter end" she extends her pinky to her. Reluctantly linking fingers with the brunette, Hope looks up with tear-filled eyes "I love you more"