4| Today is the Day

DESMOND WAS NOW a giant monster. He looked even uglier now than he did before.

"Everyone stand back!" Guardian ordered as he ran at Desmond monster. Desmond monster smacked Guardian and he went flying into a wall.

Superboy linger at Desmond monster and punched him, Desmond returning the punch. Superboy, acting on rage, punched him a few more times but before he could do anything else, Desmond threw him. Superboy stood and jumped to attack but Desmond jumped, meeting him halfway and crashing him through the ceiling.

"Okay that's one way to bust through the ceiling." Robin commented.

"You think lab coat planned that?" Kid Flash asked as he wrapped his arm around my waist as he grabbed Robin, all of us launching into the air.

We got there just in time to see Desmond holding up Superboy but Superboy broke free. Desmond grabbed him by his leg and threw him, Superboy hitting Aqualad. I pushed off of Kid Flash, finally feeling energized enough to fight Desmonster.

Kid Flash went first, running quickly as a distraction as Superboy and Aqualad punched Desmonster in the face. Kid Flash knelt on the ground, tripping Desmonster causing him to fall back.

"Learned that one in kindergarten." Kid Flash smirked. I used a water source that was nearby to fly up and blast Desmonster back, he fell back agai. Once he went to stand again, Robin jumped over me, throwing a birdarang at him.

Superboy went to attack Desmonster but he was ready and tackled him into a pillar. Superboy went to punch him but Desmonster slammed his head against the door.

Aqualad wrapped once of his weapons around one of Desmonsters arm. Aqualad attempted to attack him but failed. Desmonster threw Superboy against the wall, rubble falling on top of him.

Just before the monster could step on Aqualad I kicked it in the face, he fell of balance a little bit regained it and grabbed me by my torso, throwing me next to Superboy. I cried out as my back hit the wall.

I looked up to see Kid Flash speed around the corner, gripping Desmonsters arm, temporarily distracting him as Aqualad readied his weapon. Before either of them could attack, Desmonster threw them against the wall, kicking Aqualad threw it.

"KF, get over here!" Robin exclaimed.

As Desmonster continued his assault on Aqualad, Superboy stood up and striked at his back. He jumped on his back and wrapped his arms around his neck from behind. Desmonster flung Superboy through another wall.

I stood up and kicked his legs out from underneath him. Desmonster dropped Superboy and turned his attention to me. As he set his sights on me and went to lunge at me, Kid Flash sped to him and grabbed something from him.

"Got your nose!" Kid Flash teased. I watched as Kid Flash lost his footing and fell to the ground. Desmonster kicks Kid Flash.

Robin had a plan but wouldn't include me in it. Rude.

"Lo, I need you!" Robin exclaimed.

"Finally." I muttered as I ran to my friend.

"I need you to make a water puddle for us." He ordered. I nodded as my eyes began to turn blue as I summoned a water from a source nearby. Once I completed the task I stood back and let the boys do their work.

I watched as the ceiling fell in , actually the whole building. The rubble covered us but Superboy pushed a large portion of it off of us. Everyone was breathing heavily.

"We did it." Aqualad said in a surprised tone.

"Was there ever any doubt?" Robin asked teasingly as him and Kid Flash high fived but immediately regretted it.