7| Breakfast

WE HADNT REALLY gotten any more missions lately, so I decided to stay at the cave with Megan and Superboy. I was becoming quite close with the alien girl and she had told me about her crush on Wally. Of course, she had told me she wasn't going to do anything about it because he seemed to just be to flirty for her but it is what it is.

Megan had told me that I had a crush on Superboy. I assured her that it was just in her head and that I didn't like the clone. She gave me a look, as usual.

I had decided to make breakfast for the 3 of us and make more just in case Kaldur or Dick wanted to join us or even Wally. Wally had been having problems at home and had been staying at the cave with me when I stay.

I grabbed the pancake mix box and put it on the counter before grabbing the mixing bowl and 3 eggs. Right when I was getting the milk there was a presence in the kitchen. I turned to see Superboy. I jumped.

"Hey Superboy." I sighed, placing my hand on my heart. "You scared me."

Superboy smiled lightly before walking over to me. "Do you need help?" He spoke lowly as I grabbed the milk.

"If you want." I said with a shrug. "You don't have to if you don't want. I can get it. I've done this before—"

Superboy cut off my rant. "I want to help." I stared at him with suspicion.

"What do you want?" I asked slowly. He chuckled. Id never heard him do that before.

"Nothing." He said. "I just want to help."

"Okay..." I said, still suspicious. "I'm cooking pancakes, so if you want you can—" I was cut off by superboy dumping the mix into a bowl. "Do that.."

I grabbed the eggs and cracked them before putting the yolk in the bowl. He grabbed the milk and looked at me questioningly.

"Put a cup of that in." I intruders, walking over to a cabinet and getting a cup, handing it to him. He dumped the milk in, very sloppily I might add before I grabbed a whisk and mixing the pancake mixture. As I was heating the stove up, I didn't see Superboys smirk. When I turned, there was a finger drug across my cheek. I squealed in surprise and jumped away as Superboys low laugh echoed through the kitchen. I felt the gooey feeling of the mixture on my cheek and turned and glared at the clone. He looked away innocently.

"Dude are you kidding?" I said grabbing a cloth and wiping it off. "I just showered."

Superboy shrugged. "Sucks for you."

I laughed lowly. "Yeah it's about to suck for you to buddy." I muttered.

"You know I have super hearing right?" He asked, smirking at me. I glared at him harder.

"I hate you." I grumbled playfully.

"NO YOU DON'T!" Megan yelled from somewhere in the cave.

"Megan!" I exclaimed, my face burning. I thought I heard Superboy even chuckle a little. I turned to him, sticking my finger in the pancake mixture walking over to him. I held out my finger to try and apply the mixture on his face. He grabbed my arm to push me back as I smiled evilly. He bent my arm back and the mixture went on my other cheek. I groaned. "I'll get you back."

He smirked as I wiped my cheek off and grabbed a frying pan. I dumped a little bit of the mixture in and waited for it to heat ip a little before flipping it and letting the other side fry. I turned to see Superboy standing at the island, watching over my shoulder. I smiled before putting the pancake on a plate.

I repeated this process a few more times before I had plates full of pancakes.

"MEGAN!" I yelled. "BREAKFAST!"

I felt a gush of wind go past me and looked over to see Wally already grabbing a plate. He gobbled his food up before Megan, Superboy or I could get anything.

"What, I heard breakfast?" He said with a shrug as he threw his paper plate away. He walked over to me and kissed my forehead. "Thanks for the breakfast, Jaydie-Bear."

"You're welcome, Wallace." I said, rolling my eyes as I grabbed my plate.

Superboy came beside me and grabbed his before taking a bite.

"They're good, Jayde." Superboy complimented with a smile. I felt my face heat up as I took a bite. Megan walker up beside me and nudged me as I shook my head. She chuckled before grabbing her plate and standing in the opposite side of me.

We finished eating and Superboy offered to dishes. It was the perfect opportunity to get him back for earlier. I grabbed an egg from the fridge and snuck up behind him before slamming the egg on the top of his head. I put her hands to my mouth as he yelled out and turned to me, fury in his eyes. They softened when his blue eyes landed on mine, i was trying to cover up the fact that I was laughing. He couldn't help but smile and shake his head.

"You have to admit that was good." I chuckled, the yolk running down Superboys head. He grabbed the yolk and threw it at me before I even had time to react. I yelled as it hit my shirt. He chuckled and pointed. I glared at him as I grabbed another egg from the fridge and threw it at him. We both bursted into laughter as the yolk fell to the floor. Little did the 2 of us know, that Dick, Megan and Wally were watching from the hallway.

"I've never seen him laugh before." Megan said with a loving smile at the two.

"Laugh?" Wally spoke. "I've never seen him smile unless he's looking at Jaydie."

"I guess she brings out the good in him." Duck shrugged.

so i decided to make a little filler chapter before we get back into the show parts. i just really wanted show a little more of superboy and jaydes relationship. i hope I'm not rushing it but I don't feel like this is flirty I feel like this is more on the friendship side. so im kinda gonna make it like a friendship to lovers type deal.

anyways idk how i feel about this so lmk!!