5| The Argument

I DIDNT GO with Aqualad, Kid Flash, and Robin to try and convince Speedy to join our team. Instead, I stayed at the cave with Megan and Superboy. I was trying to help them adapt to Earth, well that was more Megan, Superboy, well I was trying to talk to him and help him with his communication.

After, putting the cookies that Megan and I had made in the oven, I went in search for Superboy, who was lounging in a chair, not facing my direction.

"Hey, you." I said with a friendly smile, Superboy turned my way for a second before turning back away. I frowned and walked over to him. "You know, if you're gonna be apart of the team, you gotta learn to communicate i little." He turned and glared at me. "Look, I know that you were in that pod for a long time and considered a weapon but, around here we just want you as a teammate and for some, maybe friends?" I placed my hand on his shoulder but he shrugged it off harshly before standing up.

"I don't need your pity!" Superboy yelled at me, towering over my shorter figure. He walked away as i sunk my head in defeat.

The next day, we were all planning on asking Red Tornado when our next mission would be or to convince him to let us go on one. We were tired of sitting around, it was getting kind of lame.

I heard the Zeta-Beam announce that Dick and Wally were here. It was strange that I was the only person on our little team that knew about his real name. I allowed people to know mine. Batman scolded me for it of course but that's besides the point.

"Did you ask him?" Dick asked, running towards me, Superboy, Aqualad and Megan. I stood beside Megan, trying my best to avoid Superboy since our little dispute the day prior.

"What did he say?" Wally asked, holding his arms out.

"He's arriving now." Aqualad said in his monotone voice.

"Then what are we waiting for." Wally spoke quickly as he jogged to the entrance to greet Red Tornado. Dick followed in suit followed by Aqualad and Megan, leaving Superboy and I. I sighed and looked down at my hands. I didn't understand why I felt like this towards Superboy. If it were Wally or even Aqualad I would've smacked them in the face, but for some reason I couldn't stand my ground with Superboy.

He looked at me, to see if I was following, I shrugged before walking quickly in front of him, not wanting to be beside him let alone behind him.

The grassy entrance opened for Red Tornado, my 4 friends were ahead of us. Superboy had caught up to me and was walking beside me now. I did my best to ignore him.

"Red Tornado!" Wally greeted, waving his arm.

"Greetings." Red Tornado spoke. "Is there a reason you intercept me outside the cave?"

"We hoped you had a mission for us." Aqualad said.

"Mission assignments are the Batman's responsibility." Red Tornado informed.

"But it's been over a week, and nothing—"

"You'll be tested soon enough." The red robot spoke, interrupting Dicks complaint. "For the time being, simply enjoy each others company."

"How can you enjoy each others company if the company is a dick." I muttered, Megan nudged me. "Ow."

"This team is not a social club." Aqualad countered.