8| compliments

I SAT IN between wally and robin on megan's ship. we had gotten a mission in santa prisca and were all excited. i looked back to superboy who had his normal scowl on his face. i offered him a smile which he returned. i turned back to face the window but caught wally giving me a smirk. i rolled my eyes.

"we're approaching santa prisca." megan announced to the group.

earlier that day, batman had been giving my group the lowdown on the mission. i stood between superboy and megan as batman spoke.

"isla santa prisca." he began. "this island nation is the primary source of a dangerous and illegal neurosteroid, a strength enhancing drug sold under the street name venom."

"damn, i need some of that." i whispered to superboy. he nudged me but i saw a small smile appear for a fraction of a second. i smirked.

"infrared heated signatures indicate their factory, is still operating at full capacit, but all shipments of venom haven been inexplicably cut off." batman explained, ignoring my comment much like the rest of my team. i looked to my best friend and watched him munch on a bag of potato chips as he listened to batmans lecture. i nudged superboy and gestured to wally. he smirked. "that's where this team comes in. this is a covert recon mission only. observe and report. if the justice league needs to intervene, it will. the plan requires two drop zones."

"so who's in charge?" dick asked our mentor.

red tornado and batman looked at each other before my mentor spoke. "work that out between you."

i groaned. this was going to be a huge fight.

"drop zone a in 30." megan said to us. i saw robin look back to aqualad as he stood up. he hit a button on his belt causing his suit to turn black.

"ready." aqualad said.

"putting bioship in camouflage mode." megan said. aqualad jumped into the ocean. i would've done this part but aqualad had informed me that he could do it alone. and in a more secretive manner.

a few moments went by before aqualad voice was heard in my ear.

"heat and motion sensors are patched. data is now on a continuous loop. move in.".

megan did as told before stopping the ship. "drop zone b." we all stood. i hit a button on my belt, much like aqualad, resulting in my suit turning black. i looked over, watching as wally's did the same.

"how cool is this?" he asked as miss martian made the hooks come down from the ceiling.

"very impressive." she spoke as she changed hers dark just like mine and wally's. i smirked. she put her hands on her hips.

"uh, that works too." he said suggestively before turning to superboy. "hey, supey, not too late to put on the new stealth tech."

"no capes, no tights." superboy said. "no offense." he crossed his arms.

i put my hand on my cheek, admiring the clone. "it totally works for you..." i spoke without thinking. "did i say that out loud? i-i meant that you can totally do good work i-in those clothes. you know?" i held up a thumb. superboy turned away.

it always felt like we go one step forward and three steps back. it's so annoying. one day he likes me and another he's a dick.

"nice save, lo-lo." wally smirked. i rolled my eyes, shoving him away from me. i hooked the hook to my belt as wally, robin and i lowered ourselves onto the ground. megan had floated down, using her invisibility. i looked up just in time to see superboy jump down from the ship. i moved out of the way just in the nick of time.

he landed on the ground, forming a hole from his fall.

"knew i didn't need a line." he smirked.

"did you just make a joke?" i asked with a smile, walking over to him. his smirk dropped and he turned away, his face heating up.

"no." he muttered. i chuckled.

"and yet creating a seismic event may not have helped us much with the covert." robin said sternly.

megan floated into the air. "aqualad, drop b is go."

"head for the factory." aqualad said into the earpiece. "i'll track your gps and rendezvous asap."

"roger that." robin said as he pulled out his computer thing in his arm. we gathered around him, i stood beside wally, the red head beside megan and superboy stood a little away from everyone but still close enough to see robins computer. we all took off running. i summoned the water to help me float.

we walked behind a waterfall which was extremely useful. i floated beside megan as the boys walked.

after another few moments i had landed on the ground, not having a water source around. i walked between megan and wally, superboy a little behind us.

"did you hear that?" superboy asked us.

"uh, no." wally spoke. "wait. is this a superheating thing?"

"you do have great ears." i complimented, once again speaking without knowing. "i-i did i say that out loud again?" superboy gazed at me. i turned away, my face burning.

"okay, rob, now what?" wally asked my partner. we turned to see that he disappeared.

"typical." i said, shaking my head.

"man, i hate it when he does that." wally said, throwing his arms up. i chuckled.

"superboy, kid, switch to infrared. see if you're being tracked." aqualad said. wally put his goggles on.

"got a squad of armed bozos incoming." wally said. we ducked behind a fallen tree nearby.

"two squads." superboy informed us. "but they'll meet each other before they find us." right after he spoke, gunshots could be heard.

"no superheating required now." harry said, pulling his goggles back over his eyes.

"swing wide, steer clear." aqualad ordered.

"y-yeah just as soon as i find rob." wally said, running off.

"kid flash!" megan whisper shouted, chasing after the red head.

"great." i muttered.

hello guys! sorry for being away for a little while, i've been having SEVERE family issues. with that being said, updates will be extremely slow but i will do my very best!

your guys' comments are super motivating! i love reading comments! so please comment to help me update more often!

also, school will be starting up again soon...BLEH. but i hope you all are enjoying this book!

love y'all!