13| not feeling the aster

i was in a group with superboy and robin. we waited for batman's signal as the league watched the parts be put into the trucks. we all put on our helmets and prepared for the ride.

batman looked at us and gave us the signal to follow the trucks. i drove beside robin, superboy doing the same.

"if dislike is the opposite of like is disaster the opposite of aster?" robin asked.

"why do you do this?" i asked. "luke why do you have to make my head hurt when we're on missions."

robin shrugged but saw super boys expression. "clearly you're not feeling the aster. what's wrong?"

"canary." superboy said. "and what business does she have teaching combat skills to a guy with super strength?"

"superman needed guidance too, superboy." i said. but that seemed to anger him more.

"i am not superman!" he yelled. i went silent and kept my eyes on the truck.

"taking down stronger guys is part of the gig." robin said, trying to diffuse the tension between superboy and i. "canary learned that the hard way. same with batman, jayde and well, me."

superboy revved his motorcycle and went ahead of us. i sighed.

"robin, lotus, superboy! our truck is under attack!" aqualads voice came through the comms.

"kind of figured." robin said as we looked at the android monkeys on surrounding the truck.

"i hate monkeys." superboy grumbled.

the truck swerved in front of us as we drove to keep up. "robot monkeys! totally ivos tweaked style."

"hey, switch your guys' rides to battle mode." robin said.

"no point."superboy said as he jumped off his motorcycle. his motorcycle flew back into mine and robins. i used a near by source of water to float onto the top of the truck. a monkey jumped on my back, i grabbed it and threw it off the back of the truck. a few more jumped on me as i moved to get them off. i tore the arms off two of them before grabbing one of the back of my head and squishing it under my boot. i looked up to see 4 monkeys taking superboy up into the sky. i flew up and knocked them off him but it backfired on both of us. the monkeys dropped superboy to the ground before grabbing me and doing the same.

i fell onto his back. we both groaned and i stood up and ran towards the truck, using the water to fly back towards robin.

as soon as i landed, i had monkeys jumping on me. i kept grabbing at them to get them off of me. robin came and helped me, using his two staffs to get them off. superboy appeared and the monkeys attached themselves to him as well.

the truck swerved and was about to wreck so robin and i got the driver out and jumped into the corn field. superboy pushed the truck off him before jumping after the monkeys.

"superboy!" robin and i both shouted after him. i knew he could hear us. he was just ignoring us.

"it's gone. and so is superboy." robin sighed.

"i don't need help! i don't want any!" i heard after a moment from super boys comm. i sighed and placed my hand to my chin.

"i think he ditched his comm." robin remarked.

"really?" i asked sarcastically. "thanks for letting us know sherlock."

"super." wally said. i could hear through his comm. "now we can't even track him."

"he's out of my telepathic range." megan said. i sighed again. "this progreso ivo, if he is alive seems to be two steps ahead us. maybe we should contact red tornado?"

"tornado always tells us to handle things ourselves." aqualad said. "and the mission can still succeed if we recover the parts before they're reassembled."

"well that's a great plan, except for the part about us not knowing where to look!" wally yelled.

"maybe we do." robin said, making me turn my head towards him with furrowed eyebrows. he plugged his computer into the monkey. "we'd have heard by now if the decoy trucks had been attacked. so how did these monkeys know exactly which trucks to target? ha! the parts have gps. the monkeys can track the signal, which means i can track them with the one i captured. it looks like both sets of parts are converging on...gotham city."

"great, time to take a trip home." i said with a sigh. i hadn't been home in weeks. not that bruce had anything to do with it, i had just been to caught up with my new friends.

"that far south? megan and i won't get there anytime soon. i'm sending kid on ahead to meet you. aqualad out."