9| bane

I HEARD MORE gunfire come from where wally and megan had run off too, which worried me. superboy had run off in front of me, him being much faster than me. he tackled a big guy to the ground. the man got the upper hand and pushed superboys face into the dirt, holding one of his arms up. superboy used that one arm to push him against a tree, the man yelling in surprise and pain.

i watched wally dodge gunfire. there was 4 men shooting at him. i saw robin in the tree line. i got his eye. we had an agreement only using eye contact. robin fell from the trees, knocking two of them down. i noticed that the ground was damp so i used that to help me out. i used what i could to splash the two others back. they got back up and ran at me.

as i kicked one i heard robin speak. "what is wrong with you guys? remember covert?" the other one grabbed me from behind. i head butted him and threw him over my head, he landed on the ground, unconscious. "why didn't you follow my lead, vanish into the jungle?" the other man ran at me, i punched him in the stomach, he fell to the ground clutching the place where i had hit him.

i looked over to see wally fighting a man as well. "that's what you were doing?" the red head asked: "way to fill us in. we're not mind readers you know."

as if on cue, megan threw and man against a tree. i smirked at her timing.

"er, im not anyway." wally muttered.

"you told me i could only read the bad guys minds." megan said. another man was trying to run up behind us with a blade but aqualad jumped from a tree and used his electricity to his use. the man fell to the ground.

after tying the bad guys up, we all gathered around them. superboy looked down at me as i gazed up at him. i smiled.

"i recognize those uniforms." robin spoke. "they belong to the cult of the kobra."

"i am certain batman would have mentioned it if he knew a dangerous extremist was running santa priscas venom operation." aqualad said.

"agreed." robin said. "and since there's clearly no love lost between the cultists and those goons, im betting kobra came in and tossed them out. that's why normal supply lines have been cut off."

"we get it." wally said. "kobra wanted super cultists. mystery solved. radio bats, and we'll be home in time—"

"these cultists aren't on venom." robin intervened. i groaned and leaned against the nearest thing which happened to be superboy. i shyly looked up at him and scooted away, going to stand next to megan. "konrad hoarding the stuff. we don't leave. not until i know why."

"until you know why?" wally asked.

"this team needs a leader." robin argued.

"boys-" i tried to break up the fight but was rudely interrupted. superboy placed a hand on my shoulder and shook his head.

"and it's you?" wally asked angrily pointing at robin. "dude your a 13 year old kid, who ducked out on us without a word."

i shrugged, silently agreeing with wally. robin laughed. "and you're a mature 15? you blew our cover first chance you got!"

i looked at superboy. "don't you want to lead?"

he gave me a side eye and shook his head with a scoff. "you?"

"hell no, to much pressure." i chuckled. "besides wally and rob wouldn't listen to me anyways."

"i would." he said with a soft smile, putting his and. on my shoulder and tilting his head. my cheeks reddened and i looked away, catching megan's eyes who smirked at our encounter. i tucked my hair behind my ear.

"yeah?" i heard wally and robin continue to argue. "you don't even have super powers!"

"neither does batman!" robin countered.

"duh, you're not batman." wally stated.

"duh, closest thing we've got." robin said.

one of the bad guys chuckled. "such clever ninos. but you only know half the story. let me show you the rest."

we gathered around the man with face paint on his face. superboy folded his arms.

"get you in the factory via my secret entrance." he spoke.

megan crouched down in front of him. "there is a secret entrance but he's also hiding something." he eyes glowed white, telling us that she was reading his mind.

"ah, ah, ah, chica." the man smirked. "bane is not that easy.

"oh he's mentally reciting score en espanol." megan said, turning to the team. "this could take a while."

"it's not complicated." bane said. "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

robin looked to aqualad who nodded. i looked up at superboy who shrugged.

super short chapter. i apologize. i'm very tired! but again, hope you all are enjoying! i love this one because we get a little more jayde and superboy action!